Author Topic: Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!  (Read 94618 times)

Timmy

Re: Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »
Playing around, I linked 1&2... Then I unlinked, then. I had channel 1 on 1&2... Channel 2 was gone...

Timmy

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 11:57:10 PM »
This was after I unlinked....

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 11:57:46 PM »
Well, when you linked two channels it becomes a stereo version of the left one. When you unlink them again I guess you expect them to go back to what they were before linking. I think it makes perfect sense that instead it just actually splits the channel into two that have the same settings as the stereo one had. When you link then the left channel settings are copied into the right channel "under the hood". The DL1608 has no way of knowing what was there before linking.

And what do you mean that #2 was gone? It's right there, second from the left with the number "2" in the upper left corner :) .
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:00:49 AM by RoadRanger »

Timmy

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 12:00:13 AM »
Well, when you linked two channels it becomes a stereo version of the left one. When you unlink them again I guess you expect them to go back to what they were before linking. I think it makes perfect sense that instead it just actually splits the channel into two that have the same settings as the stereo one had.

And what do you mean that #2 was gone? It's right there, second from the left with the number "2" in the upper left corner :) .

Thanks smartazz hahaha

Number 1 was mimicked after the unlink..... Look at last pic...

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 12:02:32 AM »
Number 1 was mimicked after the unlink..... Look at last pic..
No, the channel was split AKA unlinked. What you now see on channel #2 is the settings that were on the stereo pair - makes perfect sense.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:08:00 AM by RoadRanger »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 01:21:45 AM »
Since when is a Guest Comedian Timmy allowed to post?
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 02:06:26 AM »
Since when is a Guest Comedian Timmy allowed to post?
Looks like he deleted his account, we musta made him cry :'( .

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 02:11:31 AM »
I just went through V2.0 Master Fader and My Fader with a fine toothed comb and EVERYTHING seems to be great.

This Saturday will be my first job using 2.0 so let's hope everything is peachy fine.

:)

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 06:20:48 AM »
Well, when you linked two channels it becomes a stereo version of the left one. When you unlink them again I guess you expect them to go back to what they were before linking. I think it makes perfect sense that instead it just actually splits the channel into two that have the same settings as the stereo one had. When you link then the left channel settings are copied into the right channel "under the hood". The DL1608 has no way of knowing what was there before linking.

If you link from ch 1 it links ch 1 and 2 with the settings of ch 1 , if you link from ch 2 it links ch1 and 2 with the settings of ch 2
If in doubt ask

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 08:19:06 AM »

If you link from ch 1 it links ch 1 and 2 with the settings of ch 1 , if you link from ch 2 it links ch1 and 2 with the settings of ch 2

I did say  that the devil is in the details and this is a sad implementation of "stereo" channels. To combine two channels by using one channels eq's and dynamics is a poor excuse for "stereo" called dual mono. You can't even use this as a two channel DCA. We all know how to duplicate channel settings so to take up two channels to control loudness with one fader is a joke. That's on the input side. On the output side the same situation exists, something that can be done with one aux channel and a splitter cable. That's the best Mackie can do, dual mono out.  :lol:
When in doubt KISS

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 08:49:21 AM »

I did say  that the devil is in the details and this is a sad implementation of "stereo" channels. To combine two channels by using one channels eq's and dynamics is a poor excuse for "stereo" called dual mono. You can't even use this as a two channel DCA. We all know how to duplicate channel settings so to take up two channels to control loudness with one fader is a joke. That's on the input side. On the output side the same situation exists, something that can be done with one aux channel and a splitter cable. That's the best Mackie can do, dual mono out.  :lol:

It makes perfect sense to have the choise to copy the eq from ch 1 or 2 when coupled to stereo , and on the output you can couple two aux to a stereo set with pan (that can be seperate from l/r)
If in doubt ask

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
Looks that the programmer is doing the best he can but has no idea what hes programming in regarding mixing
Would be also nice if they did give the option to split the main lr in 2 seperated channels. Or 2 geq on this output.
Biggest improvement is the coupling of the 2 input channels, even if it is dual mono, and ofcourse the vieuw groups
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:47:53 AM by Ampli »

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
Well the wait is finally over. Good news is that none of you have to reformat your computers with IBM OS/2 so you can run SETI and WordStar at the same time. Mackie has kicked some major ass with this release and iOS7 seems to be a very stable platform to run both MineCraft and MaterFader at the same time (just in case you get bored). I see a lot of the bells and whistles everyone has been asking for. Got it up and running in no time. Channel linking - WAY COOL! Hiding unwanted channels - that's gonna make navigation much easier in some scenarios. PRE-DSP AUX Sends - this was a big wish from me. Appears that Mackie IS listening to our wishes and the DL is going to be the unit that the Behringer fans wish they had purchased in the first place. Congratulations Mackie! Keep it coming!
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 01:16:20 PM »
Pre-DSP with LR Mute OFF is going to be a HUGE benefit for my setup. As someone else posted, being able to monkey with monitors without sharing that with the entire room is awesome. Being able to change the reverb to PRE-Fader and have only effected instruments without turning them up louder in the mains is another biggie for me.

On the other hand, NOT having seperate LR EQs in any scenario might be nice to have but just not a game changer.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:27:09 PM by LeeSteel »
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 02:06:03 PM »
Thar She Blows!

Downloaded & testing right now.

Reverb & Delay channels now show the image for the type chosen where the EQ is for other channels.

Too bad I don't have a show to test it out at for a while, using it for my daily interface w/computer but that's pretty light (hi-pass & compression)

Setting up my "standard" show so all Aux's are pre-DSP, reverb is pre-fader, leaving delay post-fader

Interesting: I removed my iPad and did a bunch of setup for my Standard show, saved, then re-docked. It asked where to get the info, so I chose "iPad" but for some reason it went with the show that was stored in the 1608. Something to look out for...

This is a major flaw...  Had the same issue as you CyberHippy.  I too made some settings from my iPad, re-docked, specified the iPad and it loaded the show that was stored on the console.  Mackie needs to fix this!!
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"