Author Topic: Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!  (Read 94561 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Re: Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
Thar She Blows!

Downloaded & testing right now.

Reverb & Delay channels now show the image for the type chosen where the EQ is for other channels.

Too bad I don't have a show to test it out at for a while, using it for my daily interface w/computer but that's pretty light (hi-pass & compression)

Setting up my "standard" show so all Aux's are pre-DSP, reverb is pre-fader, leaving delay post-fader

Interesting: I removed my iPad and did a bunch of setup for my Standard show, saved, then re-docked. It asked where to get the info, so I chose "iPad" but for some reason it went with the show that was stored in the 1608. Something to look out for...

Found that if you load from your iPad after you dock, you must ALSO "Recall" your snapshot, then the settings will come back.  One extra step, but it works  :P
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »
Nottooloud: That's why I posted the link if you don't understand it you need someone else's help. The AES and IES set standards not Yamaha. Cost savings of a few pennies isn't worth the loss of flexibility. If your happy with the results more power to you.
When in doubt KISS

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2013, 08:27:49 PM »
Thar She Blows!

Downloaded & testing right now.

Reverb & Delay channels now show the image for the type chosen where the EQ is for other channels.

Too bad I don't have a show to test it out at for a while, using it for my daily interface w/computer but that's pretty light (hi-pass & compression)

Setting up my "standard" show so all Aux's are pre-DSP, reverb is pre-fader, leaving delay post-fader

Interesting: I removed my iPad and did a bunch of setup for my Standard show, saved, then re-docked. It asked where to get the info, so I chose "iPad" but for some reason it went with the show that was stored in the 1608. Something to look out for...

Found that if you load from your iPad after you dock, you must ALSO "Recall" your snapshot, then the settings will come back.  One extra step, but it works  :P

Thar, she doesn't blow THAT bad!
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2013, 08:28:59 PM »
That's why I posted the link if you don't understand it you need someone else's help. The AES and IES set standards not Yamaha. Cost savings of a few pennies isn't worth the loss of flexibility. If your happy with the results more power to you.

Perhaps for some, Behringer is the only answer... As for me, ... happy camper!

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2013, 08:41:03 PM »
Nottooloud: That's why I posted the link if you don't understand it you need someone else's help. The AES and IES set standards not Yamaha. Cost savings of a few pennies isn't worth the loss of flexibility. If your happy with the results more power to you.

I used the handy search function in my web browser to examine that linked Wikipedia page for the phrase "dual mono". It was unsuccessful. So I ask again, since I don't understand what you're saying, what do you yourself mean by "dual mono"?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2013, 08:51:03 PM »
I did mention that I have somewhere near now 28 mixers and I do have a choice. Behringer has been quite satisfying in some areas but I do have Yamaha, Ramsa, Mackie, Behringer, ClearOne, Polycom etc. and I don't comment on things I don't have or have used extensively. Last week a PM5D but it's huge and expensive (a rental at the Honolulu Convention Center) that I played with thanks to my neighbor at AMT Systems. We had a failure of a safety circuit at Crown's top of the line amps ( it produced a thump about every 4-6 seconds and had us all puzzled) but like most professionals we made it a non-event including the audience.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2013, 08:59:57 PM »

I used the handy search function in my web browser to examine that linked Wikipedia page for the phrase "dual mono". It was unsuccessful. So I ask again, since I don't understand what you're saying, what do you yourself mean by "dual mono"?
Dual means two (link). Mono means single (source). There is no interaction between the channels. Pan simply adjusts the loudness of the channels relative to each other. There is no "stereo" capability to bleed one channel into the other (width). KISS explanation.
When in doubt KISS

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2013, 09:06:36 PM »
Dual means two (link). Mono means single (source). There is no interaction between the channels. Pan simply adjusts the loudness of the channels relative to each other. There is no "stereo" capability to bleed one channel into the other (width). KISS explanation.

As long a PAN (on the linked channels) is set at 0 (center), I would expect the two channels to be isolated. By panning I would expect one channel to be "bled" onto the other. Isn't this a valid description of the current operation?

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2013, 09:12:24 PM »
@WK154 Fair enough. So your archetypical home hifi is a dual mono? I don't recall hearing anyone call it anything but "a stereo" in the last 50 years, but whatever. Anybody cares about that why?

@Lee, panning away from a channel simply turns that channel down. It doesn't send it to the other output.

This is a remarkably capable and extremely inexpensive entry level mixer. Linked pan does what I expect it to. I think they're doing a great job.

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2013, 09:19:23 PM »
@Lee, panning away from a channel simply turns that channel down. It doesn't send it to the other output.

I suppose I will test this on Friday. I have no need to pan the channels I have linked so I don't think I would have noticed that. Also, if it is working as a "home stereo" where common controls (DSP) effect each channel individually but the same way, then this too is exactly as I would have wanted.

In my book, once you need all that individual control over one channel or the other, there is no point in having them linked unless you are only looking to tie the volume controls together. At that point, two fingers does the trick.

It sounds like what WK154 REALLY wants is SUB GROUPING and not Channel Linking.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:25:18 PM by LeeSteel »

bcbeak

• Youngling
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2013, 09:57:35 PM »
First impressions are good. Install was a snap .. came right up without issue. The new quick access panel looks like it will be THE go to screen.
What do y'all think?

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2013, 10:00:22 PM »
I have not upgraded to 2.0 as yet,  we have a show on Saturday.  More than likely I will go to 2.0...there are too many improvements to delay it.

My question is what is the advantage of running monitors pre DSP vs pre fader other than not having compressors in them?  I am assuming the players will still be able to mix in delay and reverb in their mix running pre DSP?

Also why do guys run their reverb pre and delay post fader?

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2013, 12:02:53 AM »
Friends

I have read this entire post twice but I still have one question.  I have downloaded 2 on my iphone and ipad and give it a quick look over.  So will 2 now allow me to create stereo aux outs for iem in such a way that the user may pan different channels partially or entirely to the left or right as in a main mix?

Thank you

Chris

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2013, 12:13:30 AM »
So will 2 now allow me to create stereo aux outs for iem in such a way that the user may pan different channels partially or entirely to the left or right as in a main mix?
You can only pan on "Master Fader", not on "My Fader" :( . So if the performer only has an iPhone or iPod Touch someone with an iPad will have to set the pans for them.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2013, 12:58:25 AM »
The function of the stereo linking is fine for what I need.
You get a hell of a lot for your money as far as I'm concerned.
I think it's amazing to be honest.
I suppose I could always find something to complain about, yeah, it's too big to fit in my pocket. Must get onto the Mackie suggestion site.
I don't expect every feature ever utilised on a US <$800 desk - reality check please!
I don't care who made it, I bought it and it's doing the job for me.
Please - less knit-picking, it's farcical.
The older I get, the better I was!