Author Topic: Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!  (Read 95512 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2013, 12:56:35 AM »
Just a reminder that Mackie tried to sweep the multichannel issue under the rug. Here's a quote from one of the posters and there are many more:
Beno, channel grouping was not implemented in 2.0 ... and now we've lost 1800 votes on this feature. Can you put this back onto the not implemented list, remove the reference to stereo pairs, so we can have it back at the top of the list?
And of course multichannel recording is next in line. JL don't even go there!!! Happy??
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:42:57 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2013, 01:09:27 AM »
You mean JL don't go there. What amazes me is that people keep voting up the multitrack recording feature when it will NEVER happen with the current hardware. Beno even says that in one of the comments. Hopefully Mackie is smart enought to add it into the next version of the DL. Just so you know wk that was one of my many user suggestions. Including all the ones at the top.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2013, 03:04:43 AM »
Just so you know wk that was one of my many user suggestions. Including all the ones at the top.
What you meant was that you might have voted for them. I don't see your name on any of the top suggestions.  ;D  Don't feel bad all of mine fell on deaf ears.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:21:29 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2013, 04:42:36 AM »
You don't see jerry lee. But you do see other names I posted under there at uservoice. You can make as many names there as you want. And you can also vote as many times as you want.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2013, 05:11:15 AM »
Really!!! :lol:
When in doubt KISS

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2013, 06:38:52 AM »
Vote early, vote often!  ;)

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2013, 01:42:16 PM »
Oh so close!

I thought I could reduce my fader bank to one screen on my high school jazz band snapshot, by pairing up the solo mics for sax, trombone and trumpet (I have two of each).  Then I realized I can't do stereo linking ... I need dual mono, or fader linking.

Bummer.

I was still able to remove some width by creating one stereo pair and removing a few other channels from view, but it looks like I'll need that next increment of fader UI functionality to get what I want for this show.

bcbeak

• Youngling
First Gig with 2.0
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2013, 07:34:40 PM »
Mute Groups, sub-groups  and quick access screen are major improvements that helped us manage things more easily
(we run our own mix from the stage, and run iPad playlists during breaks).

I didn't see that one coming .. but a very nice upgrade.

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2013, 06:58:07 PM »
First performance last night ... the stereo channel and stereo auxes work nicely, and the view groups are definitely helpful :)

... However I could still use different fader knobs to better distinguish the aux layers from LR layer.

I got stung with this one again last night.   Doing recording and live at the same time, adjusted house volume (aux 1/2) and then forgot to move back to the LR layer (recording) to cross-fade from the emcee mic to the stereo recording mic.  Instead I cross-faded  the aux1/2 outs and ended up recording the first 30 seconds of the song from the emcee mic in mono.

The colors just don't cut it ... when the house is dark and you are concentrating on what's happening on stage, purple vs green bands just aren't noticeable in light of all of the color already on the screen.  My eyes were glued to either the stage or the fader knobs.  If the fader knobs looked noticeably different I would have noticed I was on the wrong layer immediately.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2013, 07:01:51 PM »
I've thought that too.  The Aux channels need something more to easily distinguish them from each other and from the LR out.  Different control knob choices are one approach.  (Don't really know how difficult this is and if more memory is available for that purpose.)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
This just goes to the poorly designed UI (User Interface) that MF has. A simple color change on the white fader slider would certainly catch you attention and is trivial to implement just as leaving the 1/8" dead space between the EQ and mute button to avoid that aggravation. I could go on with a long laundry list but this would be a good start. The next update on X32 V2 will leave a grand canyon between B and M. To put all this into perspective the 20 some active posters that want more on this forum mean nothing to Mackie. We already purchased their product and most likely won't go there again. Let's do the WAG (Wild A.. Guess) and say that 20,000 units have been distributed by Mackie (based on the serial # I'm seeing). Five characters one alpha (24) and four digits (10,000). I haven't seen anything near 1000 but let's say they're there. That's 24,000 and I've only seen a handful of letters (in A-Z). This includes the pipeline (dealer stock). Well with all that math that puts us at 0.1% based on 20,000. Wow! we really have their attention now. If you want a glimpse of what Mackie thinks is important then read this  http://www.loudtechinc.com/news/2011/MarkGraham_ProAudio.pdf  you'll soon get the message that the far east is their new cash cow. US who?? You also won't see Mark Graham or Alex Nelson (Mackie's GM) on any user forum anytime soon, matter of fact you can't even get to the lowly product manager Beno anymore. B keeps saying that the X32 is the game changer it's not, the social network their embracing is. Support is the key and with communications of today word travels fast, far and wide.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:25:03 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2013, 10:55:09 PM »
I've thought that too.  The Aux channels need something more to easily distinguish them from each other and from the LR out.  Different control knob choices are one approach.  (Don't really know how difficult this is and if more memory is available for that purpose.)
+1
Different coloured layers or backgrounds is something I've wanted (and requested) since I first got my DL. If they can implement this on 2.1 I'd be really pleased :)
The older I get, the better I was!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2013, 11:02:05 PM »
This just goes to the poorly designed UI (User Interface) that MF has. A simple color change on the white fader slider would certainly catch you attention and is trivial to implement just as leaving the 1/8" dead space between the EQ and mute button to avoid that aggravation. I could go on with a long laundry list but this would be a good start. The next update on X32 V2 will leave a grand canyon between B and M. To put all this into perspective the 20 some active posters that want more on this forum mean nothing to Mackie. We already purchased their product and most likely won't go there again. Let's do the WAG (Wild A.. Guess) and say that 20,000 units have been distributed by Mackie (based on the serial # I'm seeing). Five characters one alpha (24) and four digits (10,000). I haven't seen anything near 1000 but let's say they're there. That's 24,000 and I've only seen a handful of letters (in A-Z). This includes the pipeline (dealer stock). Well with all that math that puts us at 0.1% based on 20,000. Wow! we really have their attention now. If you want a glimpse of what Mackie thinks is important then read this  http://www.loudtechinc.com/news/2011/MarkGraham_ProAudio.pdf  you'll soon get the message that the far east is their new cash cow. US who?? You also won't see Mark Graham or Alex Nelson (Mackie's GM) on any user forum anytime soon, matter of fact you can't even get to the lowly product manager Beno anymore. B keeps saying that the X32 is the game changer it's not, the social network their embracing is. Support is the key and with communications of today word travels fast, far and wide.
The biggest surprise I got from reading the .pdf on your link was quote "....as Martin Audio has with some of their karaoke speakers..."
Martin Audio has karaoke speakers?
WTF?
The older I get, the better I was!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2013, 12:26:21 AM »
Me to so I checked and found them in you backyard   http://www.djkit.com/category.php?id=237&manufacturer=184  no doubt a Loud dictate. Must be for the DJ with cash. Lots of cash.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:28:29 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS