Author Topic: IPods won't connect after 2.0 update  (Read 9932 times)

Sting

• Padawan
IPods won't connect after 2.0 update
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:56:02 AM »
I had my first show tonight with 2.0 and could not connect our 2 iPods to the DL1608 network.  They connected fine before 2.0.  Our iPads and an iPhone connected and worked fine.  I verified that the iPods were updated.   Has anyone had thus happen yet? 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:57:37 AM by Sting »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: IPods won't connect after 2.0 update
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »
I had my first show tonight with 2.0 and could not connect our 2 iPods to the DL1608 network.  They connected fine before 2.0.  Our iPads and an iPhone connected and worked fine.  I verified that the iPods were updated.   Has anyone had thus happen yet?

Do you mean iPads? I used mine with MF2 for the first time last night, two iPads and all worked well. I was playing the opening set (Duo) and then mixing the headliners The Oldham Tinkers, (Oldham is a small town to the NE of Manchester England for those of you over the pond). I did have a moment where I thought one had not connected (it was showing the snapshot for the Duo) but I was in the middle of mixing the headliners show on the other one so I just shut it down. I didn't risk trying to load the correct snapshot in case I pressed the wrong button and sent t'other to the DL. At the interval I rebooted it and all was fine. One of the guys in the Tinkers is a retired BBC sound engineer and he was highly impressed with the DL.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:23:36 PM »

Do you mean iPads? I used mine with MF2 for the first time last night, two iPads and all worked well. I was playing the opening set (Duo) and then mixing the headliners The Oldham Tinkers, (Oldham is a small town to the NE of Manchester England for those of you over the pond). I did have a moment where I thought one had not connected (it was showing the snapshot for the Duo) but I was in the middle of mixing the headliners show on the other one so I just shut it down. I didn't risk trying to load the correct snapshot in case I pressed the wrong button and sent t'other to the DL. At the interval I rebooted it and all was fine. One of the guys in the Tinkers is a retired BBC sound engineer and he was highly impressed with the DL.

No I mean 'iPod touches' 4th gen. Two guys use these on stage to run My Fader.  Worked great several times but won't connect after v2.0.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:52:24 PM by Sting »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »

No I mean 'iPod touches' 4th gen. Two guys use these on stage to run My Fader.  Worked great several times but won't connect after v2.0.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:52:24 AM by Sting »

Only 5th generation on will handle iOS7. My guess is that since MyF won't work with newer MF the iPod will have similar problems.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:39:00 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 04:41:49 PM »

« Last Edit: Today at 08:52:24 AM by Sting »

Only 5th generation on will handle iOS7. My guess is that since MyF won't work with newer MF the iPod will have similar problems.
You may be correct...you would think they would have been notified of incompatibility from the app store.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 04:44:22 PM »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:57:13 PM »
Are you sure you have a 2.4 GHz network? The iPad and newer iPhone have 5 GHz so maybe you only have that running? I'm pretty sure the apps work fine on iOS 6 - the original iPad can't be upgraded to 7.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
I've just tried my iPod Touch 4G and my IPhone 4GS running 6.1.3 and 6.1.5 respectively, both seem to work fine but it took a bit of time to update the Touch to MyF2.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 02:56:09 AM »
Guys I am running 5 ghz on an Apple Airport.  The IPods are running 6.1.3.  There were zero connectivity issues until My Fader 2.0.  Searching for a remedy and will contact Mackie  Monday  :facepalm:

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 05:36:24 AM »
My iPad 1is on 5.1.1, iPhones on 6.01 and iPad mini on 7.03, all connect fine...:)
Is your router 2.4/5ghz selectable?
The older I get, the better I was!

abzurd

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »
When I updated to IOS 7 the my fader app wouldn't connect anymore. I deleted the app and reinstalled and all was well. Give that a try.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 02:13:43 AM »
Once again the subject of the thread is 'iPods not connecting'. There is no problem with iPads or iPhones. :facepalm:

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 02:23:32 AM »
Once again the subject of the thread is 'iPods not connecting'. There is no problem with iPads or iPhones. :facepalm:
Did you try all iPhone models including the older ones that don't support 5 GHz wireless? My best guess is your router somehow stopped working on 2.4 GHz and your older iPod Touch doesn't support 5 GHz.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 03:19:38 AM »
Mackie suggests a forced firmware update on the DL1608.  We will see...

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 07:39:15 AM »
When you say they "won't connect", is your desk visible on the "devices" button on the setup page?
The older I get, the better I was!