Author Topic: IPods won't connect after 2.0 update  (Read 9930 times)

Sting

• Padawan
Re: IPods won't connect after 2.0 update
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
When you say they "won't connect", is your desk visible on the "devices" button on the setup page?
No the iPods see the Mackie network but when you type the password the ipod says unable to connect to the Mackie network.

abzurd

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
So did you try deleting the myfader app on the ipod and reinstalling?

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
So did you try deleting the myfader app on the ipod and reinstalling?
The two guys with the iPods live in Columbus.   I and the DL are in Sandusky. We will have to wait for next weeks practice to see if re installing MF will correct the problem.

abzurd

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »
FWIW, i just reflashed my mixer last night as it was a suggested  fix for my white noise blast issue. I will say I couldn't get it to screw up after I did it, but sometimes it takes 20 minutes of manipulating menus, etc so it's too early to say if it actually fixed it.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:25 PM »
When you say they "won't connect", is your desk visible on the "devices" button on the setup page?
No the iPods see the Mackie network but when you type the password the ipod says unable to connect to the Mackie network.
Maybe I've missed something here but doesn't that point directly at a router problem rather than a MF problem? Did you try a different router?
The older I get, the better I was!

abzurd

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »
Maybe I've missed something here but doesn't that point directly at a router problem rather than a MF problem? Did you try a different router?

It could be, but could also just need reinstallation of myfader. After moving to IOS7 I had 5-6 shows in a row where both Ipads connected fine, but my phone wouldn't. Reinstalling MyFader fixed the problem instantly.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 07:41:15 AM »
I forced a firmware update on the DL and re installed My Fader on the iPods.   They connected fine at practice so it looks like the problem is solved for now.  Thanks to all who posted.
Mike K.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:43:00 AM by Sting »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »
Carry a spare board just in case.  Best way I know to prevent trouble.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 02:57:30 PM »
I'm just looking around for a spare desk (I foolishly sold a Soundcraft SX20 when I bought the DL1608) as my 1202VLZ has too few mic inputs for most of what I do. I reckon I can manage with 10 or even 8 in a pinch but an old but serviceable 1604VLZ would be ideal. I don't want to spend more than about £150 as I fully expect it to never come out of the gig bag, sods law determining that the DL will only let me down if I don't have a backup  :facepalm:

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »
My point was if you're prepared, nothing fails.  (Obviously not true.)  Anyway, I carried a spare when I started gigging with the DL1608 and also when I updated the software.  So far, no issues affecting a gig with the Mackie.  I still have my MixWiz that's for sale.  (Not expecting to ever need the additional channels from that.  It has always been a solid mixer.)   I'm selling two of my QSC amps today.  (Going towards powered speakers from now on.)  Just more stuff that has never failed me.  I've got some large speakers that need a new home.  If I can't sell them the way they are, I'm pulling the drivers and putting them in my Kustom 250 guitar amp that I use for piano.  (RCF speakers.  Quite nice.)

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 10:19:29 PM »
Carry a spare board just in case.  Best way I know to prevent trouble.

We carry a Mackie analog board but it's not something that can be set up quick if the DL goes down.  But aside from an extra DL that's all that can be done just in case.