Author Topic: DL1608 Does not sync up when docked  (Read 39322 times)

Wired4soundlive

• Youngling
DL1608 Does not sync up when docked
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
Okay. Just got the 1608 yesterday. Used my buddy's for awhile and decided to take the plunge. I updated my Ipad to V2.0 before receiving the 1608 to be ready. Followed instructions and let 2.0 update the firmware. Didn't touch it for awhile like supposed to and then played with the mixer and it worked great. Followed instructions to use router and go wireless. Worked great. Docked the Ipad back in and it would not recognize it. Worked wirelessly again but still would not work when docked. Powered down, unplugged everything, let it rest overnight. This morning plugged it up and still not syncing when docked. The power indicator on my Ipad (upper left corner) flashes green for a second then says not charging. Deleted MF program from Ipad and loaded again. No difference. Throughout all this, my router is unplugged from 1608. Went to the forums and one suggestion is for a forced update. Tried that and it will not even force update. At a loss right now. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

B. Holt

Wynnd

• Master
Re: DL1608 Does not sync up when docked
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 02:47:02 AM »
Sounds like a hardware issue.  e-mail mackie tech support.  They swapped out mine at no cost.  (Connector failure.)  They might have some suggestions, but I'm betting the connector board isn't working or connected.  Mackie turned me around in a week.  The online tech support didn't ever work for me. 

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »
If you've had your iPad for a while it wouldn't do any harm to give the docking connector a quick rub with a dry toothbrush.
Maybe some debris or corrosion spoiling the connection?
If there is any gunk in there, maybe give the DL connector a quick rub too in case some has emigrated:)
The older I get, the better I was!

Wired4soundlive

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 03:34:40 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I tried cleaning my ipad connector.. no go... So I tried my wife's Ipad with OS 6.1.3 and it works perfect. It even let me force update the 1608. I tried mine (with 7.0.4) and it does the same thing. Deleted MF and reload same problem.  I think there is an incompatability with the 1608, Ipad 2, and 7.0.4 here.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 03:36:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I tried cleaning my ipad connector.. no go... So I tried my wife's Ipad with OS 6.1.3 and it works perfect. It even let me force update the 1608. I tried mine (with 7.0.4) and it does the same thing. Deleted MF and reload same problem.  I think there is an incompatability with the 1608, Ipad 2, and 7.0.4 here.
...or your original iPad?

Try another iPad I say! Sorry for stating the obvious :)

Wired4soundlive

• Youngling
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 04:28:53 PM »
Robo,

Not sure what you mean. I tried it with my wife's Ipad and it works great. Mine does not... it has the same problem.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »
I mean the problem is with your own (original) iPad. If you try another iPad (other than one belonging to your wife) it would help by a process of elimination :)
If two out of three iPads work on it then the fault is likely with the non-working iPad rather than the DL? (To my fuzzy logic  ;) )
If you can try another iPad 2 on 7.0.4 then you'd definitely be closer to the answer.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:59:22 PM by robbocurry »

Wired4soundlive

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »
I don't have access to a 3rd Ipad.. I have Mackie tech looking into the problem right now.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »
Last suggestion/question: Does your iPad work on your friend's DL?
Hope you get it sorted :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:04:07 PM by robbocurry »

Wired4soundlive

• Youngling
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 05:14:09 PM »
Yes it did... but I think that was before 7.0.4 was released and I updated to it. But it worked fine when I used my Ipad with it. 

Thanks a bunch for your suggestions and offer to help.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »
No problem, you're welcome!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »
I'm not having any problems related to ios or MF versions on my ipad 2. 

Wired4soundlive

• Youngling
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 05:32:13 PM »
Wynnd,

Do you have version 7.0.4 IOS on your Ipad? It was released on November 14. You would have to have had to update it since then.

Thanks.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 05:45:50 PM »
I'm running the latest on all because I had a gap between gigs that would allow me to test it before any problems might shut me down.  Next gig where I'm running sound is Dec 7th.  I always make sure that I have at least 4 days that I don't need the mixer to make sure everything works and if something didn't I could use a backup mixer.  So I don't have my ipad setup to automatically update. 

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 07:10:34 AM »
I'm having the same issue. Don't this it's coincidence that two people are having this issue and have bad iPads or connectors. Didn't effect out gig on Wednesday but I couldn't record. I will check with my iPad 4 or Air with the 30 pin to lightning connector when a get back tomorrow and let you know. I too am running the latest iOS 7.0.4 and 2.0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"