Author Topic: DL1608 Does not sync up when docked  (Read 39324 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: DL1608 Does not sync up when docked
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 03:50:48 AM »
$$ is a consideration with the X32 rack. It is twice the amount I paid for the 1608. Trying not to get to much back into live sound like I did before but keep a hand in it and play a little music. LOL..

I'm reluctant to bring up Phonic's Acapela 16 which should be in stores mid December. At $749 with more capability than the DL it's tempting. The main problem as I've been told is that the manufacturers support is worst than Mackie's. The only way I would go that route is if you have a Phonic dealer that you can deal with. They have recently staffed in the US but it will be a hard road to clear up some of their past problems. I have two kits from them a analog to S/PDIF  and their audio analyzer PAA3 and have had zero problems with that gear but it's not at the complexity of a mixer. Their app is on the iStore and can be run offline. That would give you a feel for the product. RR owns their first digital mixer but software updates are non-existent for that model. Manuals are borderline OK. See thread about Acapela on this board.  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=427.0
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:00:54 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wired4soundlive

• Youngling
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 05:43:10 PM »
Thanks for all the replies to this thread. I am too frustrated with the 1608 and it is packed up ready to go back to its home with the dealer.. RMA received already. I will be saving my $$ for the X32 rack, cuz I have used that system a bunch. Might be awhile though..

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »
You won't regret it. Good luck.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
" Forgot what pre's the Focusrite uses (maybe Onyx as well?).  I know Behringer uses Midas pre's."
Definitely not Onyx a Mackie product. Focusrite is well known for their pre's but the 18i20 are not their $1000 pre's let alone 8 of them. If I had to make a choice I would go with Focusrite, personal choice. Both pre's are very transparent. Only the recent Behringer products claim Midas heritage the rest are along the lines of Onyx (Xenix). What may not be known is that not all Onyx's are created equal. The input Bipolar or JFet transistors are different for different Onyx implementations. That's what makes the difference. They have their own incarnation from NJR of the 4580 opamp called a M80. Who knows what besides the label is different.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:49:18 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 05:41:42 AM »
" Forgot what pre's the Focusrite uses (maybe Onyx as well?).  I know Behringer uses Midas pre's."
Definitely not Onyx a Mackie product. Focusrite is well known for their pre's but the 18i20 are not their $1000 pre's let alone 8 of them. If I had to make a choice I would go with Focusrite, personal choice. Both pre's are very transparent. Only the recent Behringer products claim Midas heritage the rest are along the lines of Onyx (Xenix). What may not be known is that not all Onyx's are created equal. The input Bipolar or JFet transistors are different for different Onyx implementations. That's what makes the difference. They have their own incarnation from NJR of the 4580 opamp called a M80. Who knows what besides the label is different.

Good info to know.  I'm hoping this month slows a bit for my IT business.  Have a lot of things I want to work out on the sound front, but just no time in my day.  Shouldn't complain, it pays the bills!!
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

kozmt

• Initiate
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 08:17:15 PM »
I had the exact same syncing issue when docked.  I solved my issue by performing a factory reset of the firmware (button in the back) followed by a hard reboot of the iPad (power it down for 60 sec).  Once I restarted the ipad, it was able to dock with the Mackie and it asked me to upgrade the firmware...all was good after than.

JMc

• Padawan
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »
I had the exact same syncing issue when docked.  I solved my issue by performing a factory reset of the firmware (button in the back) followed by a hard reboot of the iPad (power it down for 60 sec).  Once I restarted the ipad, it was able to dock with the Mackie and it asked me to upgrade the firmware...all was good after than.

Question:  Has all REMAINED good?  The reason I ask is that my iPad has been losing sync during some recent gigs, which results in lost recordings, having to reboot, etc.  It's getting to be a semi regular occurrence and I'm losing patience.  Thanks!

soundlimiter

• Youngling
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
 DL806 Does not sync up when docked!!

HELP ME!!!
i was ok with wired sync with iPad 4... just a few days ago stopped wired connection.... i did reset but nothing
It seems that is connect for play..and play .. music at master fader's app channels but not sync.
I did reset the dl806 , again update , reset my tablet  .. but nothing..it working only wireless .. i can see the wired profile while i do the connection but not syncing. ''''''

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fpovdfxsi9yvsxaz%2FIMG_2741.m4v%3Fdl%3D0&h=EAQFU1uzy

kloppie1802

• Initiate
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
Same issue here, DL1608 Does not sync up when docked!!
 I have an IPAD 3, with ios 9.3.1..

Wireless it roks, but wired, no connection..

Please help..

soundlimiter

• Youngling
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 12:53:15 AM »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9aqqnq28r8ojwtl/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-12%20at%202.47.46%20AM.png?dl=0

here we can see SETUP DEVICE at wired connection...but it disappear to me..says just DISCONNECTED DEVICE...I think that i changed it ...but i don't remember ...can i fix it???It does not fix with reset dl806

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 02:20:35 PM »
If I recall correctly, some ran into this when the ipad charge was low.  Basically, you want the ipad charged enough to be in the slow charge segment of their schedule.  This sometimes is a quirky mixer.  I've taken to ignoring most of the strangeness.  I generally don't mix from the docked mixer.  I'm more likely to use Tango through the docked mixer remotely.  (works well for music for my senior's variety shows.) 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »
Yes, start with the iPad at 100% - this is a well known design defect.

soundlimiter

• Youngling
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2016, 12:39:32 AM »
Plz an answer to me...
I can't connect wired..only wifi

100% battery
all resets

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9aqqnq28r8ojwtl/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-12%20at%202.47.46%20AM.png?dl=0

here we can see SETUP DEVICE at wired connection...but it disappear to me..says just DISCONNECTED DEVICE...It does not fix with reset dl806

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2016, 05:32:49 AM »
Well it looks like Mackie hosed their network code. Both 3.2.3 and 4.0.2 worked docked. The results were done after upgrading with V4.02. When attempting to hook up wired (Ethernet no Wifi) I now know why we haven't heard from BenO and company. It doesn't work and you cant blame Apple for that **. After that attempt the wireless connection no longer worked  :( until I cycled the DL1608. The docked however was functional, the opposite of what others are seeing. When I cycled the DL I was able to reproduce the above mentioned docking problem and once again it was fixed by cycling the DL. Going back to wireless this time worked. Nice job guys !!!!!

P.S. Mackie it would be nice if you also gave the router the name of your device.

**Update: Well I spoke too soon the wired connection works under the wireless icon (really) sort of. So while it lasts by enabling WiFi until the DHCP exchange is completed you can then disable WiFi and you're on the wired connection. Real logical. ;D  However when the connection is broken (disconnected cable) the reconnect doesn't reestablish sync. Once again power cycling the DL gets it back. Not a viable working setup. This is done under V9.3.1 so on to 9.3.2. Stay tuned.

V9.3.2 results. No change one still has to power cycle the DL once the red dot (disconnect indicator) shows up in setup. I did find that changing to another mode (offline may avoid power cycling) since it removes the disconnect indicator and with patience the wireless icon reappears without a disconnect indicator (red dot). You can then reconnect and it will sync YUK!!. Those instructions from Mackie should be quite interesting reading if they ever show up. Further tests. I was too impatient the DL will actually sync after about a minute +. This may be due to my iPad 3, a little long in the tooth and only MF 4 running.

Conclusion the DL1608 may now have a wired Ethernet (no WiFi) connection as I first suspected, you just have to have patience or maybe a faster iPad. :)
In case your wondering if other USB to Ethernet dongles work rest assured that the Apple Only patrol is hard at work. Apple or nothing AFAIKT.

I accidentally disconnected the wire and found that at 60% charge it's a no-go. Sound familiar to those that are using the 30 pin connector? Limit is probably more like 90% and that knocks it out of the box.  :(  What a waste of my 4 hrs.
In order to find the failure point in battery charge level I started with 100% and checked about every 5% disconnecting the Cat5e cable. This time it sync'd all the way to battery warning (10%), go figure. Not too consistent. Looking at other Mackie products like Mackie Connect (Freeplay control) it appears that disconnects are the order of the day.  :( Maybe it's time to heave that Mandolin.
Digging a little deeper I found the reason for no re-sync. My setup is as follows DI-655 router (for DHCP server) to a Netgear 8 port managed switch which connects the iPad and the DL. If I leave the router connected to the switch all is good when reconnecting the DL. Disconnect the router from the switch (no DHCP) and sync fails. My routers leases are 24 hrs. and were by no means expired. So Mackie fix your code since TCP/IP, UDP or Apple have no such handshake requirements AFAIK.

Mackie static IP addresses do not require access to a DHCP server as in your code (MF 4 ). Looks like a little work is in order here.  :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:59:14 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

soundlimiter

• Youngling
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2016, 08:01:20 AM »
....its meaning.... no fix?