Author Topic: Amps I've owned.  (Read 30572 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Amps I've owned.
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 02:13:12 AM »
Thanks!

166 lbs - ouch :o ! I looked up that old V4B head - it was 65 lbs. So now I remember why I sold them :facepalm:. I don't feel quite as bad now.

The 9 speakers were wires in three parallel sets of three in series so the total impedance was equal to that of a single speaker.

I'll probably be cursed forever by all Ampeg lovers by what happened to the second V9 cab. I stripped it for parts and cut up the cab :facepalm:. That's how I know how it was wired.

I forgot I still have the Peavey 4 ohm 1x18 cab I got after selling those. I don't remember what it was rated at - it has a first generation Black Widow in it, maybe 250 watts? I could carry it by myself :thu:.

I attached a photo (from the above article) of the V9 cab with the grill off:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 02:23:01 AM by RoadRanger »

monthlymixcd

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • Rink Rash is Sexy. Support Your Local Roller Girls
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 01:44:37 PM »
My SVT head was 96lb. dripping wet... used to strap it in the front seat with the shoulder belt... it was a lot like wrestling a person around...

rhat

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 03:30:50 AM »
Nice fliptops!

:)

I have a 1969 B15 flip top thats been gone through and now has a JBL in it.  The head has been put
been mounted on a separate to spit up the weight.  I am going to put it back to original config,, since
its not a gig amp these days.  I also have a silver face fender musicmaster with a 12 inch thats I want
to sell  Its not much of a bass amp.  Hopfully i can find a guitar player to take this little 12 watt amp
off my hands.  I think with the right pedal board it would be a decent amp if you miced it