Author Topic: Dl1608 running DLM 12  (Read 4351 times)

AbbaAgain

• Pint #1
  • Padawan
    • Abba Again
Dl1608 running DLM 12
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »
Hi all, I know this is a forum about the 1608 but I would rather post this question on here as I've come to respect the amount of talented and knowledgeable people on this form. So a question to anybody who may be using DLM12 speakers
 I used my DLM12 speakers last night at a gig. One of the DLM12 kept displaying 'error' on the OLED screen. It seemed to happen when the display went from the mixer screen to the logo screen saver (the screen saver never displayed .After displaying error for about 5 minuets it would go back to the mixer screen, this kept repeating thought out the gig ). Could you tell me what would normally cause this as my speaker is only about 4 months old.  Wondered if it was maybe a voltage thing, but the other DLM12 worked fine.
Just to give you an idea  of my set up
I was running the DL1608 into Mackie HD 1531 then out of those into the DLM12
The bass bins are run separately from aux 6
The error message is mentioned in the user manual but I'm not quite sure under what circumstance it would be displayed .
Kind regards
Dave

http://www.abbaagain.co.uk

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: Dl1608 running DLM 12
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »
The biggest error message you should have gotten was buying the dlm's.

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »
Now that's just mean Jerry.

However, mr Grinch does reflect the state of the conversation the last time the subject of the DLM speakers came up - there was one user who talked about loving them (who was accused of being a SPAM-BOT), the rest who chimed in were mostly unimpressed with their sound and angry at Mackie for over-stating the wattage (advertising peak instead of RMS).

So, you are unlikely to find many DLM users here. Your best bet is to contact Mackie and get their response. If you're not completely turned off from this message board by Jerry's response, please let us know what you find out so the next DLM user who comes here can learn from it.

PeterKorg

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
The PA guy in PMT b-ham put me off DLM by telling me he had just had one come back under warranty as it caught fire!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 03:24:53 AM »
The crappy sound put me off.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 04:33:37 AM »
Was just looking at Mackie's website specs.  Ridiculously light?  I'm running a ZXA1 system with matching subs.  It's only 3000 watts total, but the total weight is 132 pounds for both subs and both satellites with amps built in.  Anyway, I haven't heard the Mackies but considering their age, time to contact Mackie about warranty service.  They treated me fine on my mixer problem, but the connections via the web weren't useful.  I e-mailed their service department directly and was treated fairly and the problem totally resolved in about a week.  Hope they treat you as well.  Let us know the results.