Live Performance & Production > Backstage

Looks like it is going to finally happen

(1/3) > >>

ZombieCat:
I have been playing guitar on and off for almost 25 years now and in all that time I have never stepped foot on a stage to play live. Last year it looked like that was going to change as I got asked to join an original old school punk band but the band imploded three days before our first gig.

Tonight while at my guitar lesson my teacher (and friend) asked me if I want to join in for a couple of songs at his next show. We had talked in the past about me being a sub when the other guitarist couldn't make it so I already know a good chunk of the material (again all original) so he asked what songs I would be comfortable doing.

I am totally stoked and nervous at the same time. Now I feel like I can finally post in the Backstage forum. Well after my first show that is.

ChordGirl:
That's great, ZC.     ;)  Why don't you play some open mics, too? 

ZombieCat:
There are only a couple open mics with any regularity where I live and they are more jam band setting with a defined set list than an open mic. The only true open mic we had out here (which is now no longer) was anti-amp so I never got to play that one. I do keep my eyes out for any new ones starting up but when I finally get a chance to check them out they have closed.  :facepalm:

ChordGirl:

--- Quote from: ZombieCat on April 16, 2010, 05:01:44 AM --- The only true open mic we had out here (which is now no longer) was anti-amp so I never got to play that one.

--- End quote ---

Well, that's silly of them, but I can see that happening.   

And, for real....  don't worry about your stage experience posting over there.  From what I can tell, the people there really do like to help.  So, even if you're just thinking about getting to the stage, it's a great place for feedback.    :)  You just have to know that compared to most of the people, you're the noob!!!.  LOL!!  --just teasing ya!  We all start somewhere. 

ZombieCat:

--- Quote from: ChordGirl on April 16, 2010, 05:10:24 AM ---You just have to know that compared to most of the people, you're the noob!!!.  LOL!!  --just teasing ya!  We all start somewhere. 

--- End quote ---

I fully embrace my noob status  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version