Author Topic: Crack-up of the day  (Read 17644 times)

mstreck

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
    • My cover band
Crack-up of the day
« on: April 16, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »
I just came here after getting frustrated at HC (once again). Then I read the "News:" item above (right under the search box).

:thu:

Cracked me up!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Crack-up of the day
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »
I just came here after getting frustrated at HC (once again). Then I read the "News:" item above (right under the search box).

Cracked me up!
Yah, that's pretty much what's goin' on over there. They've promised a change by late tonight but I can't imagine how they are going to pull that off except by putting HC 1.0 back up  :facepalm:.

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 05:59:49 PM »
I think going back to HC 1.0 is all they can really do at this point so they can get started on HC 2.5.  :-X

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 06:05:45 PM »
I think going back to HC 1.0 is all they can really do at this point so they can get started on HC 2.5.  :-X
Ya'd think so but they are pretty adamant that they have other choices available to them  :-\. Well, I'd sure like to be pleasantly surprised  :).

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 06:09:43 PM »
I had thought Jive did a custom build for them but I could be wrong. If it is a custom build, I cannot imagine what other choices they would have available that could be implemented so quickly. Maybe there is some kind of default template for the website (assuming it was not a complete ground up custom build) that is a bit better than what they are using and they can revert to it. It is hard to saying as I did not full the development threads closely.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »
Word is it took 18 months to come up with 2.0 . I can't imagine how they are going to come up with something better in 24 hours :o.

ChordGirl

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:35:32 PM »

Cracked me up!

Yes, teh RoadRanger is a clever one!  Sadly, it's old news, though.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 07:38:41 PM »

Cracked me up!

Yes, teh RoadRanger is a clever one!  Sadly, it's old news, though.
Seem like current news to me ;). Hopefully it will be old news soon. They promised a change within 24 hours of 9:30 EDST last night and they have just under 6 hour to go  ;D.

ChordGirl

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 07:48:19 PM »
At this point it seems like an impossible deadline.  Hell, I'm just relieved that "the management" admitted it was a total cluster.  C.A. new it all along, I'm sure.

You know, if they'd just fixed the contrast thing to where it wasn't hurting my eyes, (I know they did something to it, but it wasn't enough for me)  I would've been able to get through that mess, however frustrating it was.  But I literally couldn't stay on long enough to make a long post, or read 3 pages.   

Thank you again for setting this site up.   :)  It has given me another place to hang out , so I don't keep clicking on H.C. out of sheer boredom regardless of the headaches.   :facepalm:

monthlymixcd

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • Rink Rash is Sexy. Support Your Local Roller Girls
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
Word is it took 18 months to come up with 2.0 . I can't imagine how they are going to come up with something better in 24 hours :o.

... probably ran great on a test server with no users and no ads blinking away...

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 03:37:27 PM »
Well another day and a "big upgrade" last night that has no visible improvements and my "latest news" is still valid :(.

ChordGirl

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »
I just stopped by BSWB long enough to read most of 1 page.  I left knowing I still can't stay on the site long, and that BS may be gone for good.   :(   Now I doubt he'll show up here, either. 

So, yes, your news is still up to the minute.   ;D

I can see there are quite a few people trying to stick it out, though. 

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
It seems a bit faster to me but I cannot say for sure as I rarely visit HC from home, mostly from work. Navigation is still the same mess. The color format is better but they tweaked that awhile back. Still it is not good.

I would much rather hang out here. There is something about participating in a brand new forum that has me posting more than I ever did on HC.

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
and that BS may be gone for good.   :(   
That BlueStrat thread is such a mess! I was sad to read he might be gone for good. I am hoping he is just taking a break.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 05:07:35 PM »
and that BS may be gone for good.   :(   
That BlueStrat thread is such a mess! I was sad to read he might be gone for good. I am hoping he is just taking a break.
I'm guessin' he's having a hard time of it in this economy and is just generally frustrated and pissed off.
:(