Author Topic: Not able to streamline anymore airport express  (Read 6702 times)

Ampli

• Knight
Not able to streamline anymore airport express
« on: December 27, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
Hi does anybody also have this problem
I updated to ios 7 after this i cant connect the airplay funtion when using masterfader, if masterfader is off everythings works, has someone a solution?

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: Not able to streamline anymore airport express
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:40:15 PM »
I don't have this problem at all. Everything works just fine. However, there was an issue with airplay dropping after ios 7. It would stop playing mid song and I had to reconnect, and then it would stop again. This kept happening. And it had nothing to do with master fader because I wasn't using the dl1608 when this was going on. I also closed every running app to see if it would fix the issue and it did not. I had to plug the audio cable directly into my iPad to fix this. It was also happening with my iPhone as well. So I did some research and found out that my express router needed to be updated. This 100% solved the issue. You may not realize the express need to be updated. I keep mine as a dedicated airplay router. That's all I was using it for. I have two. One I use for airplay (the older express), and one I use for the dl and still airplay. The one I use with the dl is often also used as a router at home so it does have an internet connection. The other does not. They are actually in two different countries. Because the one at home has the internet connection I did the update on it because I was prompted to by the iPad. The other one was never updated because it never sees an internet connection. I had to bring it to an active connection to update it. A lot of us have the express router dedicated just to the board and don't think about updating it with an internet connection. It's not updated through the iPad or iphone. It needs the connection.

Long story short, update your express.

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 03:55:37 PM »
Ill try that tnks

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:33:33 AM »
Unfortunly updating didnt fix it
Airplay is working. if i use it on my iphone or ipad, when i aktivate mf, the ipad looses connection
The iphone still can connect, so it look like a bug in mf that airplay is deaktivated, it comes back when i close mf
I dont loose airplay as long i dont aktivate mf.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 01:25:22 PM »
It's not a bug in the mf app. So far no one else has said they have this problem. I don't. Mine works just fine. It's a bug in your iPad. I have a gig tonight and will double check my airplay and make sure it is working just fine as I remember. I have only used it a few times since all the updates.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »
It's not a bug in the mf app. So far no one else has said they have this problem. I don't. Mine works just fine. It's a bug in your iPad. I have a gig tonight and will double check my airplay and make sure it is working just fine as I remember. I have only used it a few times since all the updates.

I agree JL.  I use the Airport Express with Airplay and haven't had any issues.  The only issues I've run across since all the updates is the docked iPad loses connection with the console and I get a weird "application not supported" popup.  I remove the iPad from the dock, reboot it and put it back in and the problem goes away.  Very intermittent (only has happened a few times).
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »
Holy crap the op is almost right. When master fader is opened it does kill airplay. Serious bug. Can someone please post this to facebook. I cannot. In order to get airplay back, an audio app, with airplay support, needs to be opened after master fader. Keep in mind that when I say opened I mean it need to be shut down or forced closed. It needs to be started fresh. And if you have to force close master fader and restart it you will lose airplay. You will then have to force close the audio apps and reopen them to get airplay back. And again this needs to be done after the master fader app.

Maybe I opened my player up after running master fader. Which is why I have had no problems. Try it. Open an audio app, hit play and select airplay. Then open master fader. You will lose airplay. All airplay icons are gone, both in my player and in the quick select menu where it usually is.

Rr, Gio, or anyone with a Facebook account can you please post this bug to mackie? It seems like that's the only place to get them bug info. My account is blocked.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »
And for ampli: as stated above, to get airplay back close audio apps and open them up after master fader is running. And if you have to force close master fader you need to also force close audio apps and reopen after master fader.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
Thanks Jerry, I forwarded this to someone at Mackie who was foolish enough to give me their email address once LOL. I suspect it is an iOS 7 issue but who knows?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:20:07 PM by RoadRanger »

Iowaguy

• Youngling
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 03:38:39 AM »
After reading about the importance of updating the airport express to the latest firmware I did that.  Now it won't go green light and won't reset either.  I must have messed something up and I'm gonna have to try and figure it out.
Sure missed it at the gig tonight.

Update:   I found out what was wrong.   I neglected to check off (ignore) the several conditions reported on the utility.  Once I did that, the green light was back on.   :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:10:00 AM by Iowaguy »

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »
At jerry
Got it working again, did it like you said, tnks for the help
Now hoping that mackie fix this in there next release