Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Aux sends for foldbacks - pre or post EQ/dsp

<< < (4/5) > >>

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 10, 2014, 03:16:12 AM ---I want my monitor sends post-HPF, post-gate, switchable pre-or-post-EQ, and pre-comp. If switchable per channel I'd want the option of post-comp on channels like keys, kick, bass. I personally am still running post DSP with the comps on vocals only shaving off the peaks - soft knee 4:1 I think.

--- End quote ---

G'day Ron. Thanks for posting. From previous threads I knew you were running post EQ/DSP aux sends with some success. I like your suggestions and it would be great to have all those options on each channel. Really wish they had HPF on each aux sends.

Cheers

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on January 10, 2014, 03:46:25 AM ---Really wish they had HPF on each aux sends.
--- End quote ---
I get around that by using the built-in 100Hz HPF's in my Peavey IPR1600 amps. But yes, that's yet another clue that they never ran the DL1608 design by a real live sound pro...

Wynnd:
While they don't have HPF for the aux, you can surely use the EQ as a 15 db one.  (Or just set every channel's HPF)   I do like the fact that the HPF isn't a set frequency.  I've used mixers with 100 htz and others with 75 htz.  I can't really tell the difference.  (Only a 1/3rd of an octave.) 

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on January 11, 2014, 08:12:39 AM ---While they don't have HPF for the aux, you can surely use the EQ as a 15 db one. 

--- End quote ---

Yep, that's what I end up doing but its not as nice as HPF that you can sweep to find the sweet spot.

--- Quote from: Wynnd on January 11, 2014, 08:12:39 AM ---(Or just set every channel's HPF)

--- End quote ---

But as you would know this will only work if you run post EQ/DSP aux sends

Cheers

Wynnd:
Correct at every point.  I have yet to see a mixer that meets every possible need.  This is an inexpensive mixer in the digital world, so there have to be some compromises.  (All ones that I can live with.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version