Author Topic: Aux sends for foldbacks - pre or post EQ/dsp  (Read 12426 times)

Fluddman

• Knight
Re: Aux sends for foldbacks - pre or post EQ/dsp
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:25 AM »
I want my monitor sends post-HPF, post-gate, switchable pre-or-post-EQ, and pre-comp. If switchable per channel I'd want the option of post-comp on channels like keys, kick, bass. I personally am still running post DSP with the comps on vocals only shaving off the peaks - soft knee 4:1 I think.

G'day Ron. Thanks for posting. From previous threads I knew you were running post EQ/DSP aux sends with some success. I like your suggestions and it would be great to have all those options on each channel. Really wish they had HPF on each aux sends.

Cheers

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 07:27:21 PM »
Really wish they had HPF on each aux sends.
I get around that by using the built-in 100Hz HPF's in my Peavey IPR1600 amps. But yes, that's yet another clue that they never ran the DL1608 design by a real live sound pro...

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 08:12:39 AM »
While they don't have HPF for the aux, you can surely use the EQ as a 15 db one.  (Or just set every channel's HPF)   I do like the fact that the HPF isn't a set frequency.  I've used mixers with 100 htz and others with 75 htz.  I can't really tell the difference.  (Only a 1/3rd of an octave.) 

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 10:03:42 PM »
While they don't have HPF for the aux, you can surely use the EQ as a 15 db one. 

Yep, that's what I end up doing but its not as nice as HPF that you can sweep to find the sweet spot.

(Or just set every channel's HPF)

But as you would know this will only work if you run post EQ/DSP aux sends

Cheers

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »
Correct at every point.  I have yet to see a mixer that meets every possible need.  This is an inexpensive mixer in the digital world, so there have to be some compromises.  (All ones that I can live with.)

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 01:24:49 AM »
Correct at every point.  I have yet to see a mixer that meets every possible need.  This is an inexpensive mixer in the digital world, so there have to be some compromises.  (All ones that I can live with.)

Yep I can live with them too!

I think its a great mixer for the money. In fact it continues to surprise me (in a good way) and the more I use it the more I like and appreciate it.

Cheers