Author Topic: Ipad Synchronization Problem  (Read 4414 times)

Dan

• Initiate
Ipad Synchronization Problem
« on: January 11, 2014, 11:08:11 PM »
Hello everybody, I've been using the DL1608 since May last year and at some point along the way it developed this synchronization problem.  First, when I turn everything on, often the ipad fails to synchronize current state with the mixer.  I end up having to reboot the ipad to get it synchronize.  Second, even when it's all synchronized and running fine, the ipad will go offline for just a second or two and then the box comes up that says "synchronizing current state" and it's back online again.  But then, sometimes, in the middle of a performance for example, the ipad just goes offline and stays offline and I have to reboot it.
Has anyone else had this problem?  Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?  I replaced the DL1608 for this and for another problem (channel 7 didn't get phantom power, wtf?) and yet the problem continues, so it must be the ipad.  I've made sure again and again that the ipad is properly docked.  Should I be looking more at the hardware end of things (eg, that the connection is good) or software end?  The ipad was a gift and I have no money for Apple tech support.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Ipad Synchronization Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:04:11 AM »
If you dig on Mackie's facebook page you'll find that they have synchronization problems and are working on it :) .

Dan

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 07:08:01 PM »
Ok, thanks.  Silly me, right after posting my question I saw a few other posts with the same problem.  I'm also using the ipad 2.  hmmm...

Dan

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
Actually, would you mind providing a link to that?  I'm looking around on the FB page and not seeing it.  I saw something about the Ipad Compatibility Matrix and compatibility with the Retina Ipad Mini.  Were you referring to this?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »
Actually, would you mind providing a link to that?  I'm looking around on the FB page and not seeing it.  I saw something about the Ipad Compatibility Matrix and compatibility with the Retina Ipad Mini.  Were you referring to this?
You have to expand the "Recent Posts by Others" section on the right and read down, expanding all the replies as you go. It's pretty buried and I can't find it myself at the moment.

Ernieb

• Initiate
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »
 :(Same problem last night docked ipad froze several times, sometimes it would reset itsef othertimes reboot had to be done. Wireless second ipad never froze ,will call tech support and see what they say this has to be corrected !

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 06:46:42 PM »
I was just thinking about sync problems, but it struck me that I have this issue with other Apple products.  I've got their bluetooth, keyboard, magic mouse, trackpad to use with my Macbook Pro.  Got a Hengedock for the Macbook so I need the bluetooth devices.  And while they are very close to the Macbook, I still get disconnects from either the mouse or trackpad.  (And rarely both.)  And while I don't have any problems getting around a PC without a mouse, it's damn hard to manage to use a Mac without either a mouse or a touchpad.  (Note: the Macbook only docks with the lid closed, so you can't reach it's touchpad without undocking first.)

Guess what I'm saying is that the issue could easily be an Apple problem more than a Mackie one.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 07:15:07 PM »
I was just thinking about sync problems, but it struck me that I have this issue with other Apple products. 

Except that they're talking about plugged-in sync, and you're not. Wireless to the Mackie works fine.