Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X18, has the true DL killer finally arrived?

<< < (8/14) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Greg C. on January 25, 2014, 08:08:03 PM ---Ah, my mistake. So you can do a full crossover. High pass the main outputs for the tops at 24dB per octave, low pass the aux send to the subs the same.

--- End quote ---
Be aware you may have to set the frequencies differently to get them to sum flat. I've eyeballed it to 110 Hz on the tops and 95 Hz on the subs for 24dB/octave BW filters to put both at -6dB @ 100 Hz so that they sum properly - The typical LR filters used in crossovers are spec'd at the -6dB points so this is automatic but other filters are usually spec'd at the -3dB point.

Greg C.:
You're preaching to the choir. I've been aligning systems for over 20 years. That said, unless your tops are sitting right on your subs the tops and subs will never sum flat except in one spot in a given room. If your tops are flown or your subs center clustered, They're gonna comb somewhat.

abzurd:
Regarding the release date. Although this doesn't seem like as big a release as the last one, I would expect a considerable lag. The only reason they released the video now is because it's NAMM week. Without that specific event they could release it more on their time table, which still would typically be well ahead of actually releasing.

Personally I say stop adding features and get the damn thing stable.

WK154:

--- Quote from: abzurd on January 26, 2014, 12:06:14 AM ---
Personally I say stop adding features and get the damn thing stable.

--- End quote ---

+1 I hate selling something to anyone when I know it's broken.

RoadRanger:
I'm looking for a backup for cheap ;D .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version