Author Topic: Aux fed sub - one or two lines in?  (Read 20555 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Aux fed sub - one or two lines in?
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »
And that is proof that what is "conventional wisdom", doesn't work for everyone.  And I have always been amazed at what can be made to work.  I still own and use 1965 Kustom PA speakers with the round horns.  Even they can be made to sound good.  (Having OEM Altec 15" drivers helps.)  They are a bit beamy, but there are times when that is a good thing.  (I bi-amp them and EQ'd them with a DriveRack PA. Total wattage is around 500 watts.) 

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
Re: Aux fed sub - one or two lines in?
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2014, 02:21:01 PM »
Yes and your car may crash so better leave it at home , i have done 1000 + gigs with a D6 half way in the port on an ez-clip

This isn't some arbitrary warning. It's happened to a lot of folks and there's now a warning from Audix about it. From the spec sheet:

"IMPORTANT: When miking a kick drum with a sound hole in the head, be sure that the D6 is placed INSIDE the sound hole. When the head of the grill cap is lined up right AT the sound hole, there is extreme air turbulence pushing and pulling on the capsule and this can cause failure. For more complete miking instructions, go to our web site and watch “How to Mic Kick Drum.”

http://www.audixusa.com/docs_12/specs_pdf/D6.pdf
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!