Author Topic: Retrieve lost presets?  (Read 4601 times)

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
Retrieve lost presets?
« on: January 27, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »
Any way to recover saved scenes. Presets etc after you accidentally delete the iPad app? :-[

Sting

• Padawan
Re: Retrieve lost presets?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »
Any way to recover saved scenes. Presets etc after you accidentally delete the iPad app? :-[

That's an interesting question.  Are those scenes backed up in the iCloud?  Hopefully someone Apple savvy can answer about backups.  Many of us use a second iPad that remains docked with th DL and a also serves as a backup.  I bought a 1st gen iPad with large storage on Craigslist.

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 05:04:33 PM »
The docked iPad I also use has SOME of them, but not all. My main iPad I mix on had all of them and that's the one I deleted he app on. If anyone knows if they are recoverable, please let me know.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »
If you did a full backup of the iPad to your computer prior to deleting the app then there is a possibility if you do a full restore you might get them back. If not, they are gone.

How did you "accidentally" delete the app. It's not that easy to do.

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 06:19:40 PM »
Meant to delete the X32 app and chose the wrong one. Very easy, actually.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 11:52:50 PM »
My bandmates have taken the entire job of running sound under their "capable" hands, so if I were to delete the app, I could do a full restore and find out if that works.  (I really want to know anyway.)  So I'll attack that later today and do my test.  I do back up my ipad to my macbook just about every night, so I'm as prepared as I could be.  (If it doesn't work, I can get back to where I need to be quite quickly.)  I'm enjoying the DL.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 12:17:57 AM »
Test over.  BIG WARNING!!!!!!!!!  Turn off automatic backups BEFORE connecting the ipad for a restore!   If you don't, the computer will backup the ipad without Master Fader info and restore it without Master Fader info.  Fortunately you can shut this off in Itune's preferences under devices.  So I ended up doing it the wrong way first and seeing that Master Fader wasn't restored, because it wasn't in there at the last backup.  I went and did it the right way afterwards and everything went fine.  So shut automatic backups off before connecting the ipad for a restore and you will be fine.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 12:23:15 AM »
Apparently the ipad backup only keeps the last backup made.  (Should probably check that.) 

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 02:06:33 AM »
I would also like to know the best way to move presets, shows and snapshots to another iPad in addition to backing up and restoring via iTunes.  I wish there were a backup utility within Master Fader.

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 02:33:19 AM »
Well I found out today, if you have iPads, one docked, one wifi, you just need to open the shows  on the iPad that doesn't have them saved, it will save them and all of the snapshots.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 02:35:27 AM »
I would also like to know the best way to move presets, shows and snapshots to another iPad in addition to backing up and restoring via iTunes.
I'm pretty sure you can do that with iFunBox . http://www.i-funbox.com/