Author Topic: Master fader 2.1 video  (Read 10653 times)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Master fader 2.1 video
« on: January 24, 2014, 01:37:17 AM »
Mackie said 1.5 million shows mixed on dl1608. They are so full of shit. They have nothing to show other than a few improvements. One of which was my user suggestion. So they need to lie to start some hype.

Here is 2.1

http://youtu.be/_v38gkrjcyg

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master fader 2.1 video
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:48:44 AM »
They don't have to be totally right to be in the right spot.  If they are even 1/2 right, it's pretty impressive.  I'm sorry that some of you are having problems, but I'm betting that most aren't having any problems at all.  I'm looking forward to trying mixing from the audience for my Senior's variety show this spring.  Will give it a serious work over before accepting that it's a good enough tool for mixing with so many varied mic combinations onstage.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:15:53 AM »
OK where is the update v2.1 Ben Olswang or as a Mackoid known as "Olswangatang" no more monkey business (BS). You may be able to fool Joe Six-pack but your luck will run out with most rational people.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:27:20 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

diggo

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:24:54 AM »
Indeed, and no fixes announced for the sync problems introduced with 2.0

Wonder if they'll even remember to fix the mixer button problem.....

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 07:34:53 AM »
It would be interesting to see how many units have the sync problem.  (I don't.)  We sometimes talk like everyone is experiencing this and I'm betting most aren't.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:59 AM »
It would be interesting to see how many units have the sync problem.  (I don't.)  We sometimes talk like everyone is experiencing this and I'm betting most aren't.
I would too but if I'd venture a guess most probably think that it's normal until they have a run in with the white noise problem which off course only happens if you use the iPad playback.
When in doubt KISS

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 08:27:30 AM »
"as god is my witness, i'll never look at those graphic EQs again!"  ;D

Oddeotek

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 09:01:07 AM »
That number might be true, depending on how many DLs have been sold. I know that I mixed at least 220 shows on my DL last year alone, live TV, 8 hours a day. No problems except for the occasional brain lapse on my part.
Not everyone uses the DL for music only. I know some regional theater guys using it and they do shows almost every day and 2 shows on Saturday and Sunday. That adds up fast.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »
Mackie said 1.5 million shows mixed on dl1608. They are so full of shit. They have nothing to show other than a few improvements. One of which was my user suggestion. So they need to lie to start some hype.

Here is 2.1

http://youtu.be/_v38gkrjcyg
The figure is quite plausible, do you have any figures to disprove it?
Whilst we're on the subject of hype, what's your take on Behringer's "Buy Now" link for the X18 which leads nowhere?
The X18 looks great too, but when will we see it, if ever? Remember the X16, that was total hype!
BTW, I thought you'd be upbeat and praising Mackie for using your suggestion?
The older I get, the better I was!

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »
That number might be true, depending on how many DLs have been sold. I know that I mixed at least 220 shows on my DL last year alone, live TV, 8 hours a day. No problems except for the occasional brain lapse on my part.
Not everyone uses the DL for music only. I know some regional theater guys using it and they do shows almost every day and 2 shows on Saturday and Sunday. That adds up fast.

Agreed, I use it occasionally for shows, but daily as an interface for Skype and lesson videos, to add compression & EQ to my voice. Other than the times I tried & failed at recording shows it has been rock-solid.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 09:42:27 PM »
Well for me as the typical garage band musician that plays ow 2-3 times a month and has to sound from stage this is the finest system I've had the privileged of using.  :)

I will be polite and bite my tongue at what i want to say to a few of you and just mention the door is over there.  :police:

CP

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 09:46:23 PM »
Well for me as the typical garage band musician that plays ow 2-3 times a month and has to sound from stage this is the finest system I've had the privileged of using.  :)

I will be polite and bite my tongue at what i want to say to a few of you and just mention the door is over there.  :police:

CP
Nicely said ;)
The older I get, the better I was!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 11:52:03 PM »
Musicman that's because it is the finest mixer YOU have ever had. Doesn't mean it's the finest mixer out there.

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:53 AM »
I'm pretty darn sure NOBODY has declared this the "finest mixer out there" (well, beyond Mackie's marketing moments)

It's certainly the finest 16 channel mixer I've ever worked with, but I'd probably state that differently if I'd used the Soundcraft Expression 1 instead of the Expression3 I've worked with  ;)

And while I'm envious of the new kids on the block (QSC & Bhoringer) I'm not currently in the market, and I'm at peace with the limitations of the DL1608. No multi-track recording? That's fine, I have dozens of previous recordings from the Onyx Firewire days that I've never gone through. Someone wants a recording of the show, it's a board-mix recording, I can sync it up with your room mics later if you feel like paying me.

The new stuff they're introducing with "X32 2.0" is nifty, and I understand why people would choose something from that series (and would probably consider an X18 if I was in the market right now - but would likely go with the QSC option). I just got gifted a Behringer Ultra-CurevePro 8024 digital EQ and had a good time reading the manual this week - might even haul it out to the gig Saturday just to play with the RTA & see if I like the results.

But I'm still happy that my friend who was looking at the X32 went with the Soundcraft instead, I've already done some of the best live mixes of my life on that thing, and I don't have to tell my friends "but it's really a Midas" over & over...

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 12:48:26 AM »
BenO has some serious "jazz hands" issues on camera.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!