Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL iPad Recording with Voice Record

<< < (2/3) > >>

RoadRanger:
These were 16/44/160/Max .

WK154:
At my end none of the programs give 160kbps. I am using Voice Record Pro free version. If they changed something in the paid version other than remove advertising their not saying. Let's hope iOS V7.1 due in March will have a lot of bug fixes. They have a lot of bugs to fix especially in core audio and F/B tasking. The software community is certainly not happy with fruit. If your interested in a detail of what makes this tick here's a link.
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/miscellaneous/conceptual/iphoneostechoverview/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007898-CH1-SW1
To bad Bob Katz is hanging his hat on iRadio ending the loudness wars by mid 2014. I agree with him that there should be a standard and his proposed one is good, but an Apple proprietary standard will never fly. So far "sound check" is optional contrary to some reports.

RoadRanger:
I did try 24 bit and it did drop the bit rate to 160 nominal 137 actual.

WK154:
That makes more sense and reinforces why I don't use the iPad for recording.

abzurd:
Is there a benefit to this app over the TASCAM PCM recorder? It's only 16/44.1, but records to a WAV file, which seems  better to me than going to an uber compressed format right away. Note: I've not actually used it yet, but downloaded it a few weeks ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version