Author Topic: DL1608 vs ?  (Read 8883 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: DL1608 vs ?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »
I guess there will always be the odd anomaly, we can work those to our advantage if we wish (the "lies, damned lies and statistics" gambit). Can we all kiss and make up now?  :lol:

Nottoodeaf

• Padawan
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 05:29:58 PM »
JL,  I am on the verge of getting a Rack, but the x-18 whenever it hits the market may do for me.  Looking at literature and the like I am uncertain about a few of the rack's features.  When you record multi-track to the ipad, do you use the back usb to 30 pin connector on the ipad?  And if you can access the rack in this manner, can you control all parameters with the ipad through one of the usb's in the case of a wifi issue?  Sure would rather do that than be restricted to the front panel controls.  Thanks.
Does that have to be there?  Not anymore!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 05:59:20 PM »
Yes I use the back pane USB for recording. I don't have control of the rack. I dd read somewhere that Auria has Mackie control built in. It was talking about using Auria to control the rack. I am sure the control would be very limited. Not sure how it's done but one day I might try it. But in terms of the app and the USB as of now the app only works wireless. I think behringer may be working on it.

I too considered the idea of the x18 but it's just too far away from being available. And I know I eventually want more channels. Also because I have no plans to ever use the iPad laid down in the x18 the rack was a better option. What I really want is something like the x18 and rack without the whole tray thing. A simple black box of all the I/O of the rack and nothing else. Someone could call it the "black box". An x32 black box.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 10:30:27 PM »
Yeahhhhh!

Dl1608 sold today.

Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye.

But don't worry guys. I'll still be giving you hell around here.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »
The older I get, the better I was!