Author Topic: Funny, well not really, thing happened at a Gig last night.  (Read 2695 times)

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
Funny, well not really, thing happened at a Gig last night.
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »
I was one of those eagerly awaiting the last update to, among other things, be ale able to run monitor aux mixes, pre dsp, while running two other aux mixes post fader. One for subs on aux, the other for an additional efx mix sent to an outboard processor, returned through channels 15&16. Like most, I got used to setting up monitor mixes that would be affected by comp, gate, etc changes made on channels then sent into FOH. Bit of pain to make a compressor adjustment on vocal channel that was needed in foh, but not wanted in the monitors. so the update solved that But never had an issue with post fader mixes. Last night was the first time I got to use this board on a gig, post update. For some reason, the board sent no signal to aux 5(outboard efx send) and aux6 (subs on aux mix), until I set those aux mixes to pre dsp, like the monitor auxes. The channel faders into both LR AND the aux send were up. While it worked, I now had to adjust levels for kick, bass, keys, and break music via 2 sets of faders instead of one( post fader). Nothing else changed in my setup or channel settings. It was if the post fader function  stopped working. Any ideas or thoughts? Am I missing something after the update?  Seems like the update should have had no effect on post fader aux mixes. But there it was. I was thinking maybe a gate BUT it was never an issue before. If I had a gate or compressor on the channel to FOH mains, I would want that same dsp on the efx and sub mixes also, so post fader setting worked.

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Funny, well not really, thing happened at a Gig last night.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »
Mine work fine.  Post fader and I usually run the aux channel faders at 0db and the aux output close to 0.  (Depending upon output needed.)  Might  want to check and see if your mute was tied to the LR mute.  (A new option.)  One time through the path to Aux 6 out.  Input channel 1, we'll use that, trim up and signal visable on channel 1 LR.  Go to Aux 6, channel 1's level shows up on channel 1 Aux 6, fader is set to 0 and signal is post fader channel 1 LR and master fader Aux 6 is up too.  (Sometimes I run the post fader channel fader for Aux all the way up.  How high depends upons trim levels and the channel fader on LR.  Both have to be fairly high to get a solid signal on Aux 6 channel running post fader.)  Is there some possibility that your channel 1 LR fader was set pretty low instead of up around 0?  Maybe you had a signal that was just too low to hear. 

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »
I also usually run both the send channel level and the aux master at or near unity. Worked flawlessly for almost a year, then after the update, nothing. I did notice the new mute tied to LR feature, so I just un muted everything to be sure, even channels that were not sending to the aux mixes. Very strange. For me, this is real basic stuff here, which is why I'm still baffled as to what could have possible been the issue. I'm going to set the system up today or tomorrow and start from scratch.  Didn't have the luxury of that last night.

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »
And for trims, that wouldn't explain why I had the same issue of no signal out of aux6, into the subs, for the docked iPad playing iTunes. There is no trim for that channel.