Author Topic: Master/My Fader V2.1 Are Here!  (Read 20133 times)

Kruemel

• Youngling
Master/My Fader V2.1 Are Here!
« on: February 18, 2014, 09:58:12 PM »
Hi guys, MF 2.1 is available in the AppStore.
Have Fun!  :thu:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:13:35 PM by RoadRanger »
Sorry....I can't understand....I'm only playing the bass!

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
Re: Master/My Fader V2.1 Are Here!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:42:15 PM »
Wow and i'm afraid to download it yet.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »
Even though I don't own the dl I still wanted to look at the new features. But it appears that until it is loaded into the dl itself they don't show up in the app. Not sure exactly why mackie would do this. Some people want to try the app before they consider the mixer. Has anyone else updated the app and not the dl itself and been able to see the changes?

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 10:56:21 PM »
Just checked the master fader app. Even though I did the update it still says 2.0 in the help section. I even deleted it and reinstalled.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:03:15 PM »
Downloaded and running. Nothing new that wasn't described at NAMM. Remember to also update MyFader to 2.1. The list of fixes doesn't mention the Sync issue unless it's considered a minor fix???? Well time will tell. I would also reboot the iPad after a successful install of MF 2.1. You're also put on notice that all major releases will require iOS 7 or later. V3.0 will eliminate any hardware not capable of running iOS 7.0 on up.
When in doubt KISS

craigherbs

• Youngling
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:14:54 AM »
Even though I don't own the dl I still wanted to look at the new features. But it appears that until it is loaded into the dl itself they don't show up in the app. Not sure exactly why mackie would do this. Some people want to try the app before they consider the mixer. Has anyone else updated the app and not the dl itself and been able to see the changes?

Tap on the Graphic EQ above the main fader (just as you would if you wanted to go to the EQ on a channel) and swipe up/down on the grey parts of the screen (again just like you would if you were EQing a channel) - all the new stuff is there.....

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »
I'm amazed by the changes.  Not used to new features with a .1 update.  I don't have any shows coming up soon so I updated. 

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »
Great stuff, thanks Mackie :)
The older I get, the better I was!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »

Tap on the Graphic EQ above the main fader (just as you would if you wanted to go to the EQ on a channel) and swipe up/down on the grey parts of the screen (again just like you would if you were EQing a channel) - all the new stuff is there.....

Nothing is new in this update. It still says 2.0. I think it needs to be synced to the dl1608 to be able to use the app with the new additions. Has anyone else downloaded the app only and been able to see the new features?

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »
Very strange. I just downloaded the master fader app to my wife's iPad. And it has 2.1 with the new features. She has an iPad 4 and still on ios 6. Mine is an iPad 3 ios 7 and the update does not work. I have deleted and re-downloaded and still stuck with 2.0.

EDIT: just went back in the App Store and it came up as an update and now it works. What's strange is that I have done the same thing several times but this is the first time 2.1 actually came through.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:07:53 PM by Jerrylee »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 09:11:05 PM »
^ That sure is strange :o .

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Rr your a smart guy. Can you explain the temperature thing in the delay setting area? I do love the delay setting. Even though I have never needed a delay it's nice to see the feedback in terms of milliseconds, meters, and feet. It's nice to that you can manually enter the distance and then the rest is set for you. 

If the temp thing deals with delay I am very confused. I understand that certain temps can affect the speed of sound but humidity levels play a big part in that. I have two homes now. One in the freezing north, and one in south Florida. Humidity levels, even at the same temp, are very different.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 09:26:49 PM »
When in doubt KISS

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 09:32:03 PM »
Nifty, you can now adjust the slope of the HPF and the new LPF in the Outputs - didn't see that in their video and while it's in the image, the description of the LPF doesn't mention the function.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:48:46 PM by CyberHippy »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:19 PM »
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-airpressure.htm
From there: "Notice for musicians and technicians (not for professors of physics):
The speed of sound changes clearly with temperature, a little bit with humidity − but not with air pressure (atmospheric pressure)."