Author Topic: Master/My Fader V2.1 Are Here!  (Read 19998 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Master/My Fader V2.1 Are Here!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 10:00:31 PM »
Nifty, you can now adjust the slope of the HPF and the new LPF in the Outputs - didn't see that in their video and while it's in the image, the description of the LPF doesn't mention the function.
I really wish they had added that functionality to the inputs too. And I continue to be mystified as to why they don't have HPFs on the Delay. Reverb, and especially the iPad channels like all the other channels? It would seem to me to be more work to leave them off than to just make all the PEQ pages identical?

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 10:34:10 PM »
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-airpressure.htm
Have fun.

So this site says humidity has very little to do with the speed of sound. Temp is more important. I was under the impression that humidity played a larger role.  Good to know.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »
Rr I totally agree. Why are the filters not on the channels? 

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 10:57:17 PM »
Got it loaded and working fine.  Little by little it just gets better.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 01:03:53 AM »
The list of fixes doesn't mention the Sync issue unless it's considered a minor fix???? Well time will tell.

No change on the sync issue for me.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 04:28:58 AM »

I just spend a half hour listening to bad music at Mackie's tech support line and finally spoke with Anthony. I ask point blank is the white noise/ sync problem fixed? The answer was a unhesitating NO. I tried to get a more definitive answer as to why it wasn't fixed and the reply was I don't know. There was a hint that it may not be Mackie's fault. Must be that rotten fruit again. I asked whether he knew if the V2.1 was tested with iOS V7.1 beta again a don't know. For their and our sake I hope it was checked. As I stated in the white noise/sync thread all the iPad optimizations needs to be done along with disabling "sound check". Then before you dock the iPad turn on Airplane mode. I have not had a problem once all these things are done. Over 24 hrs of uninterrupted music with the speaker off of course! I only have three programs running MF, VoiceRecord, and Sound tools. Switching between them poses no problem. I have also used Music Player in place of VoiceRecord with no issues.
When in doubt KISS

mauijet

• Youngling
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 11:02:20 PM »
So trying to update right before a gig. D'oh, I know.  The firmware update has been trying to reboot for an hour now.  What should I do?

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 11:12:21 PM »
Pray.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 11:18:47 PM »
So trying to update right before a gig. D'oh, I know.  The firmware update has been trying to reboot for an hour now.  What should I do?
Hold the "force update" button (beside the power adapter input) and reboot the desk:)
More exact instructions are in the user guide...
I'll get the link for you in a mo...

http://www.mackie.com/products/dlseries/downloads/manuals/dlseries_rg.pdf
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:24:45 PM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

mauijet

• Youngling
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2014, 11:32:45 PM »
Thanks. Yep as I suspected, should've hit the abort button. Got a hold of tech support before they closed for the evening. Only about 3 min. on hold. Very helpful and friendly guy instructed me to aboort and force update. The manual says not to hit the abort button. He said a couple people called with this problem. The firmware update hangs occasionally, and like a good ole Windows system, you gotta reboot & start over. 

mauijet

• Youngling
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2014, 11:33:48 PM »
Oh yea, and praying helped!   >:D

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 01:50:58 AM »
I'm never sure if praying helps, but I'm pretty sure it never hurts.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 03:39:40 AM »
Thanks. Yep as I suspected, should've hit the abort button. Got a hold of tech support before they closed for the evening. Only about 3 min. on hold. Very helpful and friendly guy instructed me to aboort and force update. The manual says not to hit the abort button. He said a couple people called with this problem. The firmware update hangs occasionally, and like a good ole Windows system, you gotta reboot & start over.
Happy days :)
The older I get, the better I was!

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 06:31:23 AM »
time elapsed between my elation that 2.1 had arrived and my annoyance that even with the new parametrics the graphic EQs are still hanging around getting in the way, even showing up as a ghost on the little EQ windows? about 30 seconds  >:(

also, they didn't fix the thing where you can't leave the side bar open without the "mixer" button far left disappearing in EQ view, meaning multiple steps are needed to get back to the mixer view.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 07:03:55 AM »
I think I would like that too, but it would be easier to live with if the assignment sidebar was thinner.