Author Topic: Master/My Fader V2.1 Are Here!  (Read 20176 times)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: Master/My Fader V2.1 Are Here!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »
I pointed out the sidebar issue within minutes of 2.0. That was such an obvious mistake on the designers fault. Why the hell did they not address that? And the fact that opening master fader knocks out airplay connection amazes me too. That's a huge bug. Should have been fixed immediately.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 12:01:12 AM »
also, they didn't fix the thing where you can't leave the side bar open without the "mixer" button far left disappearing in EQ view, meaning multiple steps are needed to get back to the mixer view.
Just tap the EQ window above the right-most fader twice - easy peasy :) .

abzurd

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 03:09:21 AM »
Boy I'm not happy. Took me 45 minutes to update. My ipad 3, that the mixr stopped recognizing on Friday, was recognized this evening so I went on with the update. It hung on the reboot and wouldn't recognize the ipad 3. So I put in my original ipad, it likes it, but asks what show I want to run. I make the mistake of saying the one on the mixer. Swell, now I have a blank show and my last saved show on the ipad 1 is from September.

Then for 20 minutes I tried to get the ipad 3 to be noticed by the mixer since that's where the recent shows are. I actually didn't realize the shows don't sync between ipads.  I reflash the mixer and it still won't recognize the ipad 3. Finally, I hook up the mixer to my router in hopes I can connect to the thing wirelessly. I do and am able to put the current show back on the mixer.

The short story of all this is my ipad3, you know, the one that Mackie will support after they render my ipad1 useless with it, is constantly rejected by the mixer. It's like it thinks it's a chinese knockoff power cable. All I can think to do now is wipe the ipad and start over in hopes it clears some of the cobwebs.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 03:15:09 AM »
Is the iPad 3 fully charged? Makes a lot of difference in my case with a cable.
When in doubt KISS

abzurd

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 03:27:10 AM »
86% and it shouldn't matter at all. Basic connectivity should be a given.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 03:58:52 AM »
You mentioned something about a cable which was confusing - I assume this is a 30-pin iPad directly docked, not trying to use a 30-pin extension cable? Those only seem to work well if the iPad isn't charging.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 04:04:18 AM »
Oh, and no one has yet mentioned V2.11 so now I have :) . I actually was bitten by the bug it fixes - I have an iPod Touch 4 that still had V1.5 on it and when I upgraded to My Fader V2.1 it kept crashing. V2.11 works fine :) .

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2014, 05:36:54 AM »
also, they didn't fix the thing where you can't leave the side bar open without the "mixer" button far left disappearing in EQ view, meaning multiple steps are needed to get back to the mixer view.
Just tap the EQ window above the right-most fader twice - easy peasy :) .
yeah, but that's my point! you have to do two steps to get out of there back to the mixer! either hitting that little EQ window twice or shutting off the sidebar and hitting the far left "mixer" button.

just move the mixer button over a little to keep it available and problem solved, why didn't they do that?

this matters because i (like many others) am making these changes while playing, so every second counts.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:38:37 AM by walterw »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 06:35:45 AM »
At 91% it starts to have connection issues at 81% I get the unknown devise message and no connection until I recharge to 100%. Try it see if it solves your connection problem.
When in doubt KISS

abzurd

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 12:42:25 PM »
At 91% it starts to have connection issues at 81% I get the unknown devise message and no connection until I recharge to 100%. Try it see if it solves your connection problem.

What? That's crazy. I'm not saying you're wrong, but good grief. Do I need to wear a tinfoil hat and point the mixer due west too?  Last night it was fine initially at 86%. What happens is, as soon as there is a bug (white noise, upgrade hang, etc) often the mixer doesn't recognize the ipad anymore.  During the bug it doesn't tell you it doesn't recognize it, the mixer just stops working. A reboot used to clear the problem but now it seems the only thing that does it is time. I suspect I'll dock it tonight after work and will will work again.... until it doesn't.

Meanwhile I've had my ipad1 unsync and not sync back in the last 2 shows so that's new. Usually it just drops for a few seconds. The ipad 3 does the same thing. I'm wondering if I just have a bad mixer (hardware).

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »
One difference between docking an iPad in the DL1608 and connecting via a cable to a PC is the charge rate - I wonder if there's a simple "mod" to disable fast charge on the DL1608 and if that would fix the connection issue? Those of us that keep an iPad docked don't need fast charge and even if you are undocking it for wireless as long as it's charged up ahead of time theres no need of fast charge either. Maybe just cut a trace on the connector board or ?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »
you wouldn't think that the charge rate would affect the connection.  Maybe it gets a bit warm?  Heat affects a lot of things.  Anyone cleaning their connectors regularly? 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
You wouldn't think that the charge rate would affect the connection.  Maybe it gets a bit warm?  Heat affects a lot of things.  Anyone cleaning their connectors regularly?
The charge current is probably noisy and couples to the signal lines either capacitively or through the common(?) ground. More current = more noise :( .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2014, 07:43:46 PM »

What? That's crazy. I'm not saying you're wrong, but good grief. Do I need to wear a tinfoil hat and point the mixer due west too?  Last night it was fine initially at 86%. What happens is, as soon as there is a bug (white noise, upgrade hang, etc) often the mixer doesn't recognize the ipad anymore.  During the bug it doesn't tell you it doesn't recognize it, the mixer just stops working. A reboot used to clear the problem but now it seems the only thing that does it is time. I suspect I'll dock it tonight after work and will will work again.... until it doesn't.

Meanwhile I've had my ipad1 unsync and not sync back in the last 2 shows so that's new. Usually it just drops for a few seconds. The ipad 3 does the same thing. I'm wondering if I just have a bad mixer (hardware).
Just a reminder I'm doing this with a 3ft. extension cable. Now for the tin hat part. At 91% when it looses sync and I unplug/replug at the iPad end I get no connection. When I unplug /replug at the DL end I get re-synced consistently. Your time warp explanation I'm not buying. So when you get to it make sure it's still not connecting and then charge it to 100% and see if it syncs. What do you have to loose? Your iPad 3 is acting a lot like it's on a 3ft. extension. I never liked the 160 ohm resistor connecting iPad and DL grounds but without a schematic I'm guessing why.
When in doubt KISS

abzurd

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2014, 10:47:54 PM »
So it appears my ipad 3 is done syncing with the mixer for good. It's charged 100%. When I plug it in the battery icon gets the lightning bolt symbol for a fraction of a second then says "not charging" and it won't connect. Period, end of story.

Oddly, something new with the upgrade that has me worried is when UNDOCKING my original ipad the Master Fader display goes away for a fraction of a second and I can see a yellow triangle warning from the IOS (which is 5). I'm assuming this is some "not compatible" warning, but it's not there long enough to read. Then the Master Fader app screen shows up again.