Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V3 Wants and Speculation

<< < (10/15) > >>

sam.spoons:
TBH I love my DL1608 but I wouldn't recommend one to a mate just now  :( If they get a good one, as most do, it'll be great but I'd be seriously embarrassed if they got one of he few duff-uns. Not sure where I stand but I still have confidence in my own DL, for now at least.

Keyboard Magic:
I agree with you Sam. If I may quote you?

"I wouldn't recommend one to a mate just now  :( If they get a good one, as most do, it'll be great but I'd be seriously embarrassed if they got one of the few duff-uns."

The school, where I run the sound for, has a new DL1608 and it works flawlessly. I really like using it. Good sound, the whole 9 yards. But until they work out the bugs, I would wait and check out the other offerings out there. If a new version of Master Fader does happen, it may just fix these issues.

Oct 1st: I sure hope Mackie puts up the revised Master Fader on the App Store soon. It would be nice to play with it.  8)

Kev tyler:
I try to be a glass half full type of guy, but I think with a new dl product on the cards, a new pre sonus product now shipping according to thomann and a berry x18 dl killer possibly around the corner from the back of beyond, mackie will not be concentrating on fixing the dl1608.

Call me a cynic, but.

Kev

gerenm63:
This may sound a little strange, but I'd like the ability to stack effects. Specifically, I like to be able to send the delay return to the reverb send, so that everything sounds as if it's in the same "space."  I'm used to "wasting" channels for proper returns on an analog board to do this, as I usually bring my outboard effects back into the mixer on channel strips as opposed to the returns, and it should be relatively easy to do in DSP without wasting channels or aux sends. I know there's some danger in this, like being able to set up a "runaway" effect loop, especially if you're able to feed an effect right back to itself, but I think there's also a nice benefit to it.

soundog:
I have a new DL806 and sent Mackie support an e-mail asking a feature (or lack of) in Master Fader. Two days later, the response was terse and impersonal. No "sorry, that feature is not currently supported." No "here's how to request a feature" or "that's a god idea; we'll add that to our list of requests."

I just found and added requests on their Feature Request webpage, but it looks like there are a lot of people asking for a lot of things. Still, there have been minimal enhancements (more like adding stuff that should have been in V1.0) to the app since it intro'ed in June 2012. You would think adding features to an app would be a huge priority for them, especially basic stuff which should have been there initially.

I just put in an order for a Behringer XR12. I'll compare the two mixers when it arrives, and the loser goes to the auction block.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version