Author Topic: Master/My Fader V3 Wants and Speculation  (Read 29093 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Master/My Fader V3 Wants and Speculation
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »
We may even have met, me hiding behind my real name (Chas BTW)  :lol:

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »
This may have been posted previously, but I didn't see it...

When using a DL1608 or DL806, it would really like to be able to record to an iPhone 5 (or newer) or iPod Touch or Nano (while docked, or course). Right now, I use my iPhone 5 for break tunes, and I would like it if I didn't have to undock it, and dock an iPad to record.

Also, it would be nice if you could start and stop recording on the docked device from the device that's not docked. Obviously, this control would necessarily be limited to the recording function within the DL mixer app.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2014, 04:03:34 PM »
My iPhone 5S doesn't charge, playback, or record via a cheap 30pin-Lightning adaptor (which works fine for sync with iTunes on the MacBook) If anybody has a 30pin DL and a proper Apple 30pin-lightning adapter perhaps they could try it.

My iPod Touch 4thGen did playback and charged in the DL but I can't remember if it recorded with a third party app (I'll try it when I get home). Sadly it'll be toast when I upgrade to MF v3 as I can't do iOs7 (it will still have a use in my Akai Synthstation though).

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2014, 04:53:01 PM »
My iPhone 5S doesn't charge, playback, or record via a cheap 30pin-Lightning adaptor (which works fine for sync with iTunes on the MacBook) If anybody has a 30pin DL and a proper Apple 30pin-lightning adapter perhaps they could try it.

My iPod Touch 4thGen did playback and charged in the DL but I can't remember if it recorded with a third party app (I'll try it when I get home). Sadly it'll be toast when I upgrade to MF v3 as I can't do iOs7 (it will still have a use in my Akai Synthstation though).

On my 30-pin DL1608, my iPhone 5 plays and charges using the real Apple 30-pin-to-lightning adapter cable. Using the same cable, my iPad Mini plays, records and charges.

I did just learn that I can record with a third-party app (RODE Rec LE) to my iPhone 5. I can't start/stop the recording remotely, but it does record (and in stereo, no less!).

Still, it would be nice to do handle recording/playback within the My Fader app.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2014, 08:20:07 PM »
iPhone 6 plays back and charges with the official Apple 32 to Lightning adapter too, must try that Rode recording app.
I can see the forum lighting up when MF3.0 is launched - the raft of new features is maybe going to be like Xmas coming early or Friday 13th depending on how tech savvy you are!
With more features comes more complexity, MF has been a great interface so far compared to it's peers, let's hope it stays that way ;) :thu:
The older I get, the better I was!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »
iPhone 6 plays back and charges with the official Apple 32 to Lightning adapter too, must try that Rode recording app.
I can see the forum lighting up when MF3.0 is launched - the raft of new features is maybe going to be like Xmas coming early or Friday 13th depending on how tech savvy you are!
With more features comes more complexity, MF has been a great interface so far compared to it's peers, let's hope it stays that way ;) :thu:

I hope MF 3.0 is going to have a short learning curve too.

I'm going for early Christmas myself and to put one in the spirit or "Spirits"....

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:19:44 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »

I hope MF 3.0 is going to have a short learning curve too.

I'm going for early Christmas myself and to put one in the spirit or "Spirits"....
Awesome, thanks for the tree! :lol:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:50:56 PM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »
I'm sure we've all been trolling Mackie's Facebook page for hints of a release date this month for MF 3. There have been a few questions from people, but no straight answers from Mackie AKA: Beno. Does this mean they want to surprise us? I love surprises!  :eek: Yeah I know, it will come out when it comes out.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2014, 06:33:32 PM »
there's one other possibility.  Maybe MF 3.0 for the DL1608 won't be available right away with the DL32R.  I hope I'm wrong about that.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2014, 07:06:11 PM »
Here's a list of 36 items slated for 3.0 :) or will be DL32R only :( :
http://mackie.uservoice.com/forums/97035-dl-series/status/12717
Just curious which of these features folks really want? As for me:
Import and Export of Shows and Presets: Meh for me.
Digital Trim: Possibly useful, mostly because I'm too lazy to tweak the gate/comp thresholds and gain (which is the correct way to do this).
Subgroups: Meh
DCAs: Meh
Recording Level: Meh (easily fixable in post production)
Record from Aux's: Woo!
Channel colors: Woo!
Overview screen: Woo!
Better differentiation between main and aux pages: Woo!

Most looking forward to connection and white noise fixes - I'd give up all the above for that :-) .

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2014, 01:06:49 AM »
Here's a list of 36 items slated for 3.0 :) or will be DL32R only :( :
http://mackie.uservoice.com/forums/97035-dl-series/status/12717
Just curious which of these features folks really want? As for me:
Import and Export of Shows and Presets: Meh for me.
Digital Trim: Possibly useful, mostly because I'm too lazy to tweak the gate/comp thresholds and gain (which is the correct way to do this).
Subgroups: Meh
DCAs: Meh
Recording Level: Meh (easily fixable in post production)
Record from Aux's: Woo!
Channel colors: Woo!
Overview screen: Woo!
Better differentiation between main and aux pages: Woo!

Most looking forward to connection and white noise fixes - I'd give up all the above for that :-) .

Import and export of shows   :thu:
Digital Trim, I'm lazy too   :thu:
Recording Levels   50/50
Overview screen   :thu:
Channel colors  :thu:

The other stuff   :-\

I'd like them to fix white noise and connection issues too, for all those that are experiencing it. Let's hope the firmware update makes a difference.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:09:14 AM by Keyboard Magic »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2014, 05:45:46 AM »