Author Topic: Are problems related to certain serial numbers?  (Read 2994 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Are problems related to certain serial numbers?
« on: March 02, 2014, 02:29:37 AM »
If you have a DL1608 mixer that's running perfectly or giving you a problem, report the your serial number with the last 3 digits X'd out.  (Sample  892834XXX)  And report it's status.  (Sample runs perfectly, White noise problem, Sync problem.....)   I think if there is any production run that is a problem, it would be interesting to know.  I'll add mine tomorrow.  (Mixer is in storage and rehearsal is tomorrow and the serial number will be easier to get then.) 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Are problems related to certain serial numbers?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:23:50 AM »
That won't work AFAIK. The alpha and the last four digits are the serial # and unless you have batch info on Mackie's production it's meaningless, sorry. I would be interested if someone has a number other than 2037399CRE as the leading part/serial number. AFAIK the units are at least assembled in Mexico ( called Near-shore contract manufacturing) sub-assemblies may still be made in China but Mackie won't divulge that. BenO slipped back in the Mackie forum days when he stated that he was going to the factory in Mexico. :-[ I have yet to see numbers exceeding 0500 but have seen letter changes. Anyone have a unit with FCC labels? (bottom of unit). The rest of mine is Q0443. Are you worried about an identity theft of my mixer?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:48:03 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:08:42 PM »
Not personally worried, but as a person whose internet identity is totally unique.  (OK, my name brings up only pages with me on them.  All 220 of them.)  I don't like asking people to do what I don't want to do myself.  I have a Honda dealership nearby that refuses to sell anything without getting an ID and address.  I mean, paying cash for an oil filter!   Hell if I'm providing that.  They said it was because of the patriot act.  Like I'm going to have the President riding in my 17 year old Del Sol.   Not gonna happen.  Never gonna happen.  Whenever a clerk asks for phone number, e-mail address......  I just tell them they don't need it and with this one exception, everyone is OK with it.  I've just taken to going up the street to a general parts shop instead of purchasing a genuine Honda oil filter.  I value my privacy.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
If you value your privacy then perhaps you should pay attention to you freedoms first. Apple would like to control all your private data via iTunes and iCloud. There are lot's of people claiming things in the name of the law even if they never read a word of it. Copyright law is the most common in this business.
When in doubt KISS