Author Topic: DL1608 for sale Manchester UK  (Read 11178 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: DL1608 for sale Manchester UK
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 04:29:24 PM »
I'm busy trying to find the cash to buy the X32 or Qu16 without selling the DL (I was going to buy a backup mixer in any case, though something a bit cheaper than the DL). My local dealer is about to start carrying Berry stuff again and have promised an X32 for me to look at in the next week or so.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
I'm busy trying to find the cash to buy the X32 or Qu16 without selling the DL (I was going to buy a backup mixer in any case, though something a bit cheaper than the DL). My local dealer is about to start carrying Berry stuff again and have promised an X32 for me to look at in the next week or so.
Anderton's 0% finance was tooooooo hard to resist! That's where my DL came from too. :thu:
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 04:52:01 PM »
I get it but I'm trying to avoid future debt (and I hope to screw a very good deal out of the dealer in question). 

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 06:25:37 PM »
I get it but I'm trying to avoid future debt (and I hope to screw a very good deal out of the dealer in question).

Did my wife tell you to say that future debt line lol?
Dammit, life's too short!!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 08:34:58 PM »
At 61 it seems shorter than ever  ;D, damned if I'm not going to carry on enjoying it though  >:D

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Good man Sam, keep it up!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:45 AM »
It arrived on Friday Sam, a gorgeous piece of kit! For the two gigs I had this weekend I used.........the DL!
Can't see me parting with this wee desk anytime soon except I get the urgent need to record all my small gigs.
I'm just wondering now what the new QSC mini mixer will be like..... :facepalm:

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 08:37:14 AM »
Sounds great, I've had a couple of sessions playing with the Qu16 and it is very nice.

I supplied PA for Faustus on Friday (their engineer is the "no berry" guy mentioned above and the cause of this quest). He had said he'd go with my rig "as is" for the gig so that's what he got and he absolutely loved the DL1608. Unfortunately the lack of multitrack recording makes it a non-starter for him though so he thinks he'll buy an X32 Rack very soon.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »
Sounds great, I've had a couple of sessions playing with the Qu16 and it is very nice.

I supplied PA for Faustus on Friday (their engineer is the "no berry" guy mentioned above and the cause of this quest). He had said he'd go with my rig "as is" for the gig so that's what he got and he absolutely loved the DL1608. Unfortunately the lack of multitrack recording makes it a non-starter for him though so he thinks he'll buy an X32 Rack very soon.
Hmm, interesting choice for a "no Behringer" guy. It still needs a computer for multitrack recording though doesn't it?
The Touchmix will be a belter if it sounds as good as it looks, and is priced right. Although we get stiffed every time here in the UK.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 10:51:02 AM »
The X32 seems to be viewed as separate from everything else Behringer make and immune from "no berry" riders  :lol: I had already had an email conversation with Matt (said engineer) and we discussed options, both he and I had X32 and Qu16 at the top of our respective shortlists and he had considered the DL but discounted it because of the lack of multitrack recording.

The tech rider in question had been drafted after a particularly bad gig where the promotors idea of a suitable rig for an award winning UK folk trio in a 350 capacity venue was a Peavy mixer amp and two HiSys 2s (and only two mics...) :facepalm: The rider actually said "Any mixer with BEHRINGER/MACKIE or any other similar unprofessional equipment is not acceptable. Midas/Yamaha/Soundcraft are most likely able to cover our requirements".

In fact they are all really nice guys and brilliant performers, we sold out the room and everybody had a great night.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:54:13 AM by sam.spoons »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 12:13:41 PM »
You have to wonder sometimes who writes these "riders"? :facepalm:

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 12:14:20 PM »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »

I this case, I know exactly who, and why (see above) :) And I'm not complaining 'cos it had the desired effect and made the organisers sit up and take notice, the consequence being that I got the gig  8)