Author Topic: X32 Rack Alternative?  (Read 15697 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: X32 Rack Alternative?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
^ Yah, you don't want to know how many snakes I have in storage now :facepalm: .
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:59:14 PM by RoadRanger »

Cornelius

• Youngling
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
There's an update for the Umix...

http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/en/products/digital-mixers/umix

-4 band eq
-aux pre/post
-phase reverse
-etc.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »
Why faff about with stupid non 19" designs,  if they concentrated on the internal gubbins rather than worrying  how pretty the cardboard box is, equipment might make the shops a lot earlier,

The dl range is brilliant because it secures the ipad, but apart from that, a  rack version would be better,  the only problem, mixers could soon resemble a blank panel or a ventilation panel, not good for marketing I guess.

The new Berry x range, the units don't look like they follow the 2 or 3 unit convention, might just my funny eyes, the power and fuse behind the ears, what are they on?

I am happy to receive the x range in any form, but  a 2 u rack would have been nice or 1 u even.

Kev

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »
1U space rack only works without xlrs or if the xlr connections are on top.  (Taking up more space.)  Maybe we can get the amp makers to reduce the size of their power amps.  (After all, they did pare down the weight.)  But really, a lot of digital mixers are attached to powered speakers, so how much stuff could you possibly have sitting in your mixing stack.  (I combined my mixing and power stack because I still have unpowered monitors and a few unpowered FOH speakers.  It's now the heaviest item I own at about 100 pounds.)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 03:47:56 PM »
1U space rack only works without xlrs or if the xlr connections are on top.

Hi there

Not sure if I follow you here, there is plenty of 1u gear with xlr s on the back panel, front panel etc.

Kev

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:33 PM »
We are talking 32 inputs, 16 outputs.  Doesn't sound like something that will fit in a 1u space.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 11:26:18 PM »
We are talking 32 inputs, 16 outputs.  Doesn't sound like something that will fit in a 1u space.

We are talking about the x12, sm pro and the dl806 arnt we? We we were on page one I think when we were discussing cheapo didgi mixers.

As for space, it wouldn't kill to move on to mini xlr, lol.

:)

As for browser based control, , the bloke in the longish x air video suggested that you can not set up a show on a pad that is not connected to the unit, in the way you can with other apps? So that's not good is it?

Kev
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:40:28 PM by Kev tyler »