Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Jumping into the DL1608 Phenomenon

<< < (10/17) > >>

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on March 30, 2014, 02:13:44 PM ---So to follow up on my most excellent DL1608 adventure  :) I thought I'd try to set up my airport express router, (it is the newest version)to make sure I can use wireless for the upcoming gig Monday.  ??? 2 hours later and pulling out what hair I have left, it decided to go from front LED flashing yellow to sold green = connected. Please don't ask how I was able to do that, but blind luck, a fluke or what every deity intervened, it's working 100%  8) Hip hip hurray, let the bells ring out, I can run my DL wirelessly from my second iPad and even stream audio in stereo via AirPlay from my windows laptop using iTunes. whoo hooo!!

Aside from my audio/music gigs, I am also a part time computer technician and have configured too many routers and wireless routers, but I've really haven't come up against something as stubborn as the Apple router  :o. It is probably my ineptness with apple that caused all this frustration. But the Mackie quick wireless setup pdf assures one that set up is sooooo easy with any router and since I am using apple gear, it should be even easier? Guess not! My wish would be for Master Fader to somehow make connection painless. But in the real world that's a whole 'nother story!

Any way it's working and I for one am not going to mess with any settings to screw up my wireless. That's my rant and thank you all for listening. (well, reading actually)  8)

--- End quote ---

The light on the Express will only flash green when you are have a working internet connection (as opposed to a local area network). You don't need to be connected to the internet for your network to be working between the ipad and DL.  Flashing yellow is the norm for me as I don't connect to the internet when I am using the DL at a gig.

Cheers

Keyboard Magic:
JerryLee, you must have the right touch!  :) No I really don't know what I did  :facepalm:

Scott: Thank you for the correct startup tips!  :thu: 

Fluddman: Thanks for that interesting point about continuous flashing yellow light and that you can still connect the iPad wirelessly just the same.  : :thu:

As long as it continues to work. "If it ain't broke....." ::)

Wynnd:
The Airport Express wants to see an Internet connection.  If you had one, the setup would take about 2 minutes.  I ran into the same issues.  Think it took me about 20 minutes.  I've had to experience of setting up an Airport Express at home.  (twice and recently a time capsule.)  I can vouch that the setup with internet goes quickly and easily.  And I also wanted the green light running on mine.  (Especially because I mounted it in plain sight beside the mixer.)  I've been trying to configure Airplay, but haven't had much time to work through all the issues.  (Result is Airplay doesn't work yet.  One of these days, it will become important enough to work on.) 

Jerrylee:
Um...guys...really? 1st, the flashing goes away when you tell the express router to ignore the issue. It does not need an internet connection to be green fludd. 2nd as long as you are connected to the express router, which is simple, you will have airplay. Also very simple to use. This was one of the easiest parts of the dl setup to deal with.

Keyboard Magic:
Wynnd;

Experience helps for sure. I'm a cough, windoze guy  :-[ That's probably my road block with the apple, sometimes I still get a little frustrated with the iPad, but I am plugging along and am slowly getting more comfortable with them.

As for AirPlay, I hate to say it,  :-[  mine worked right away. I plugged in the audio cable from the airport to the DL, connected my windows laptop to the airport wireless, loaded iTunes and selected the airplay option from within iTunes, and I was playing stereo audio wirelessly. It's more than likely beginners luck.  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version