Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Jumping into the DL1608 Phenomenon

<< < (11/17) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
Soooo used the DL for the first time at an all day gig at the wife's school for public speaking. I used the remote ipad to mix and left the other ipad docked. It worked flawlessly. No sync loss at all. I even walked a fair distance out of the gym with the remote ipad to test the wireless signal strength. It didn't drop at all.  :o The response with the remote ipad was quite good. No obvious lag when moving a fader on the remote, to actual response from the mixer.

Having never used wireless mixing at all in my career, this was quite a treat to be free from sitting at the console all the time and running all over the venue to listen and mix. Fingers crossed that this experience continues for the life of my DL.  8)

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on March 31, 2014, 10:15:47 PM ---Soooo used the DL for the first time at an all day gig at the wife's school for public speaking. I used the remote ipad to mix and left the other ipad docked. It worked flawlessly. No sync loss at all. I even walked a fair distance out of the gym with the remote ipad to test the wireless signal strength. It didn't drop at all.  :o The response with the remote ipad was quite good. No obvious lag when moving a fader on the remote, to actual response from the mixer.

Having never used wireless mixing at all in my career, this was quite a treat to be free from sitting at the console all the time and running all over the venue to listen and mix. Fingers crossed that this experience continues for the life of my DL.  8)

--- End quote ---

That has been my experience over and over again. Enjoy!

sam.spoons:
You know, I have been worrying about the potential problems with the DL, dropped connections, white noise etc, but I haven't actually had a single problem which couldn't be put down to operator error in the 15 months (and around 30-40 gigs) I've owned and used it it. It's a damn good bit of kit and, TBH, I love it.  ;D

Keyboard Magic:
Not sure whether to post this here or not?

But...Since joining this great site, I've been doing a lot of reading on the positive and negative experiences with the DL. I'm finding a lot of negative ones (justifiably?) that make me wonder if this is a possible future in owning my DL. I will say that if any of my gear became undependable and let me down at a venue, I would give the manufacturer a chance to remedy the issue and if the said issue (s) were not addressed and kept reoccurring said gear would either be returned (if still under warranty) or dumped so fast that it wouldn't know what happened to it.

I want to give my DL a chance, 'cause it's so new and I really like it so far, but I am almost considering (almost!)(waffling) on if I should take it back before the 30 day exchange is up? Yes, I have had good experiences with Mackie in the past and Behringer too. But if there are so many potential issues? I am still leaning on trusting my DL for now. Fingers crossed! I understand if some people have been burned, I really feel. But it does make one think.

I guess I'd better stop before this turns into a small novel  ::)

sam.spoons:
I'd say some people have had some issues but I'm not aware of any having show stopping problems (and I follow this forum and a couple of others closely). While one or two have had sync issues (inconvenient, but not a show stopper) with a docked iPad, many more have had no such problems (I know a couple of people will be along presently with horror stories but I can only speak for my own experiences). If you had an analogue desk with a rack of outboard you'd expect to have occasional faulty cables, connectors or knobs/faders.

If it's working ok then keep it and if it subsequently fails you have the guarantee to fall back on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version