Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Jumping into the DL1608 Phenomenon

<< < (14/17) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
Been looking at the other DL contenders out there, checking out software, downloaded Presonus and x32 apps to iPad. Boy am I ever really spoiled by Master Fader. It just seems so much easier to use than the others for a very mature (old)  :P  person like my self.  x(

I'm gonna keep playing around with the X32 app some more to see if I can get more familiar with it.  :eek:  The QSC TouchMix does look interesting, but might have to wait for some time to get my paws on one. The adventure continues!!   ::)

Jerrylee:
Km with the popularity of the x32 line one would be a fool to go any other route. It is hands down the number one selling pro mixer in the world. It is quickly becoming the new standard and rider friendly.

Wynnd:
JerryLee are you sure you aren't being paid under the table by Behringer?  You are a running ad for a product that probably won't be in the running by next year.  (With so many different digital mixers coming online, it's only a short time before all the current ones are considered passe')  I'm still using my 2010 MacBook Pro.  Not just because it cost $1200 when I bought it, but because it's still functional and does everything I need and I still get about 7 hours of battery life with my typical use.  (There aren't very many PC laptops getting 7 hours brand new, let alone still getting more than 3 hours when 4 years old.)   I have gotten 13 hours of battery use during the first year I had it.   Was using it as a background music source with the screen dimmed totally.  Bet I could get at least 10 hours today doing the same thing.  Anyway, I'm not quick to toss something away.  I'm sure hoping that I get the same level of use with the DL1608 that I got with my MixWiz.  (Bought in 2008 and sold last month with everything still working.) 

robbocurry:
KM, contrary to all the hype, I think any buyer would be foolish not to consider products from all manufacturers.
What suits everyone else, might not suit you.
Popular and cheap are considerations but longevity, customer service, build quality, peace of mind, reliability, ease of use and resale value shouldn't be forgotten.
I didn't put sound quality on that list as that's a given and obviously a personal choice.
Check out other user forums to see who is having problems, even simple ones like connecting up a router or taming noisy outputs. Is a user forum "busy good" or "busy bad"?
In your earlier posts you compared the sound of your Zed to the DL and initially you heard something you didn't like. I suggest you try before you buy.  ;)

Jerrylee:
I definitely have nothing to do with behringer. I am just absolutely loving my x32 rack. What I look for in a board is one that does everything I need and want, and just a little more. The rack does everything I need. And a ton more. If I never had to buy another mixer again I would be very happy. The only thing I would change it for is if another x32 is released. One with only ins and outs, including all network I/o as well. Something I could just throw on a stage as a stage box. That would be awesome. But I have to admit I have found myself making use of the front panel sometimes. Not yet at a live gig. But when I need to do something at home and don't want to have to deal with the iPad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version