Author Topic: Anyone still using MF on an iPad 1  (Read 18877 times)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: Anyone still using MF on an iPad 1
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 02:10:16 AM »
How many tracks? Be careful and smart or you may regret when it happens to you. As I said before, better safe then sorry.

Harpman

• Knight
  • 的f music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 02:55:11 AM »
Oops, ran 45 minutes.  No lockup. Sheesh!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014, 03:01:16 AM »
JL, 6 tracks

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 04:13:46 AM »
Your tempting fate. Lol.

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 05:36:27 AM »
Success!!

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 05:36:51 AM »
No lockups!

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »
The gig total time was 2.5 hours (project time). I started and stopped approximately every 30 minutes, except once where I let it go about 40-45 minutes. JL, I know I'm attempting fate here :laugh:.  The more Auria has to process, the chance of a lockup occurring. Took about 10 seconds to process the 40-45 minute set.  Total consumption on my iPad Air was about 7GB.  If I had to approximate a 4 hour gig with breaks, I'm looking at about 10GB and right now I have 15GB free with no projects. 
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
Their Export to Dropbox has issues and I wish there was a better solution than jailbreaking my iPad and using some kind of file manage (i.e. iFile).
Just use iFunBox, it works fine without needing a jailbreak :) .
I use Documents by Readdle free version and it can deal with 12 different sources plus iCloud to avoid the Apple jail. Their non-free app is an excellent PDF file handler if you need more.
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »
Their Export to Dropbox has issues and I wish there was a better solution than jailbreaking my iPad and using some kind of file manage (i.e. iFile).
Just use iFunBox, it works fine without needing a jailbreak :) .
I use Documents by Readdle free version and it can deal with 12 different sources plus iCloud to avoid the Apple jail. Their non-free app is an excellent PDF file handler if you need more.

The problem with most apps that I've run across is that they can't see the file structure (although Apple support says there isn't), so in order to copy the project folder off, the app would need to see all aspects of the file structure so I can drill down and file that folder.  I wouldn't be opposed to bringing a small NAS device to a gig if Auria would put an option to "Export to NAS" via IP address.  Wouldn't that be sweet  ;D
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 04:49:41 PM »
iFunBox running on a PC can see the file structure even on an un-jailbroken iDevice where an app on the iPad itself can't.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
I don't have Auria to try out file transfers or location but I use Documents to transfer VoiceRecord files directly to my server (NAS). No jailbreak required. I'll try iFunbox next time I currently use Syncios on the PC.
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 05:20:49 PM »
Sorry, maybe I'm not being clear.  I don't want to hook my iPad to a PC or a Mac to get the files off.  If I have to bring my laptop to a gig, I'd just record directly to my DAW (Sonar X3) and forget about Auria. My laptop is an HP Envy 17.3" TouchSmart. Takes a little bit of a footprint.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2014, 05:22:09 PM »
I don't have Auria to try out file transfers or location but I use Documents to transfer VoiceRecord files directly to my server (NAS). No jailbreak required. I'll try iFunbox next time I currently use Syncios on the PC.

I will check out Documents if it can access a NAS server directly and can see the Auria project files.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2014, 05:45:29 PM »
Sorry, maybe I'm not being clear.  I don't want to hook my iPad to a PC or a Mac to get the files off.  If I have to bring my laptop to a gig, I'd just record directly to my DAW (Sonar X3) and forget about Auria. My laptop is an HP Envy 17.3" TouchSmart. Takes a little bit of a footprint.
Yes I understand what your objective is and that is to run, record and master your performances via iPad only. As a side benefit you should be able to transfer your files to a NAS or PC that is on a network (wireless). The issue right now is that Auria is not stable enough for substantial projects otherwise you could remain on the iPad to do the whole job. Therefor the need for Sonar X3. Eventually you will have the need to transfer the results to an external media and Documents will be able to deal with that.
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2014, 05:50:49 PM »
Yes I understand what your objective is and that is to run, record and master your performances via iPad only. As a side benefit you should be able to transfer your files to a NAS or PC that is on a network (wireless). The issue right now is that Auria is not stable enough for substantial projects otherwise you could remain on the iPad to do the whole job. Therefor the need for Sonar X3. Eventually you will have the need to transfer the results to an external media and Documents will be able to deal with that.

Documents by Readdle doesn't see the Auria projects or .wav files.  Didn't have any issues with Auria and the mix came out rather well.  Taking JL's advice and stopping and starting the recording helped quite a bit. It does break each track into sequential numbered parts, but I slice it up in Sonar anyway.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment