Author Topic: Lightning to 30 pin  (Read 2611 times)

seventhson

• Padawan
Lightning to 30 pin
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:49:30 PM »
First post!  Looking forward to gigging out with this board and thanks for putting this board up.  It made my decision to go with the 1608 easier.

Odd question and probably the reverse of what most people are asking.  I bought the Lightning 1608 with the mini adapter base because my iPad Mini is Lightning and I wanted to future proof the purchase.  Funny thing is, I just got a great deal on an older iPad which has the 30 pin.  Does anyone make a female lightning to male 30 pin that is reliable?  I have seen a few on eBay but not sure if they are just for charging.  Not a huge deal as I can just dock the mini and mix out front with the older iPad until I upgrade that in the future, but it would sure be nice to have the Mini out front. 

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: Lightning to 30 pin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 02:08:23 AM »
If the mini is out front then you obviously have wifi. You can just leave both on wifi. There are only two reasons to dock the iPad when you have working wifi. Recording and playback through the iPad channel. If you have 2 (or 1) channel open you can do playback to a channel. So then recording is the only thing that is totally necessary. Are you recording your gigs? If so, dock the mini. If not don't worry about docking the second iPad.

seventhson

• Padawan
Re: Lightning to 30 pin
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 02:52:22 AM »
Good point.  I don't record the gigs anyway.  I have an Airport Express on its way so going to try to stream break music into CH16 anyway. If I can't get that to work right I have unlimited data on my iPhone and have always used Pandora One for break music with my analog board.  I really only bought the full size to have as a backup anyway.  All the band members have iPhones so I let the ones with ears mix themselves.   The two with wedges I do.  Don't need surprises from "hey, I need more me." And then taking the train to feedback junction.   Thanks for the tip!