Unofficial Mackie User Forums > Speakers

JBL CBT 70J-1

(1/2) > >>

WK154:
Anyone have hands on with this speaker system? Love to hears from you.

Sting:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 04, 2014, 02:15:54 AM ---Anyone have hands on with this speaker system? Love to hears from you.

--- End quote ---

My band is looking for powered speakers but don't have a clue where to turn?  I am hoping guys will offer advice.

WK154:
Stay away from the new Mackie's and Bose L1 and you'll be fine. The rest depends on your genre and personal preference. JBL, QSC, RCF, EV, and others make good product. Best to hear them in a realistic environment. I was thankful to get a demo from AMT Systems on the JBL's that I could test in the target rehearsal hall (very live) and they sounded great and that was from at least 20 critics out of 60 that voiced their opinion. The genre is a Capella (female) which requires a different approach than a band. The range being from 123 Hz to 880 Hz in the fundamental, no bass or kick drum to consider.   :)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Sting on May 12, 2014, 04:56:18 AM ---My band is looking for powered speakers but don't have a clue where to turn?  I am hoping guys will offer advice.
--- End quote ---
What do you use now? What kind of band, instruments and size of venues?

Sting:
We are hard rock, pretty loud.  Mostly play smaller clubs, bars.  In the summer an occasional outdoor gig 300 people or so.  I am thinking one pair of tops and 2 or 4 subs depending.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version