Author Topic: Setup Pictures  (Read 16850 times)

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
Re: Setup Pictures
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
Just PM to you

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 10:58:45 PM »
it is sold, sorry  :(

Dan

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 04:37:26 AM »
Sigh

I read you article on building it and was so impressed.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 04:41:42 AM »
Hi music man, if you decide you'd like to have one let me know and I would be happy to do the modifications for you and ship the rack to you, you could tell me what you are going to install in it and we can go from there,... I would do it very reasonably.
Thanks,

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
Thank you I will keep that in mind.  You did an amazing job.

Rick Scofield

• Padawan
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 01:04:32 AM »
Here are a couple shots of my DL1608 in a EWI road case I customized.  I also added some numeric stickers to the gain knobs and input XLRs to make them easier to read.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 09:58:07 AM »
All are very nice solutions but I also want 2 to 4 rack spaces underneath.

seventhson

• Padawan
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
All are very nice solutions but I also want 2 to 4 rack spaces underneath.

I like my setup.  Nice and small and easy to transport, but like you, am thinking about going a little larger.  I have a nice plywood case with a slant top and 6 spaces under it but my current snake it 100' that I use to use with my full FOH rig and won't fit underneath.  I have a small 8 channel that I may use just for drums/back line so I don't have to run every cable side stage but the thing is hard to move.  Not tall enough for wheels but heavy enough to need them.   I'm thinking of putting it on an 8 space rack with a drawer for my cables/mics/whatever and using that.  Might work out.   

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 02:15:35 AM »
no pics yet, but a similar setup; rolling rack that used to have a mixwiz on top, a bunch of processing in the front and power amps on the bottom now has the DL on top, two sub snakes (a 6ch and an 8ch) stuffed under it, a drawer for mics and such under that, and the amps still on the bottom.

the sub snakes stay plugged into the DL, which stays plugged into the amps, so there's no wear on any of the mixer's jacks with use, and mic setup is much neatened and expedited when it's all into the sub snakes, one up front for vocal mics and the other by the drums for backline.

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 02:25:45 AM »
...I've got the LR running to a DriveRack PX and then to ZXA1s with matching subs.
if i may ask, what's the point of the driveracks?

now that we can set crossover filters, parametric curves and even alignment delays straight from the DL, and especially running into powered speakers that may not benefit from that kind of stuff anyway, why add the latency of another piece of digital in the path?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 02:45:01 AM »
You need to read the fine print on this setup, there is a amp rack which most likely means passive speakers. If you really think that DL has useful crossovers  you need to look closer and you have no simple way to break out for 3 or 4 speakers. I'll bet the delay is minimal anyway.       
When in doubt KISS

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 11:16:40 PM »
As WK stated, I'm running passive speakers and also have multiple sub ( single and dual boxes) setups that I save  in the DRPA along with other functions....

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2014, 12:59:42 AM »
I'm running a combination of speaker types.  My EV ZXA1s are used as monitors in some cases, mains in others when used with the matching subs.  I also have 4 Yamaha pole mountable floor monitors and I also have two EV SX100s and did I mention that I also have a pair of 1965(?) Kustom PA speakers with 15" Altec Lansings and round horns that I bi-amp and process through a DriveRack PA.  And did I mention that I also have a couple of three way stacks that are EV Eliminator W bins and Altec Lansing mids and Altec Lansing cellular horns.  I'm a bit tired of hauling that around and the ZXA1s are nearly as loud and sound as good or better.  So, the mixer stack gets used for a lot of different configurations with powered and passive speakers systems.  The DriveRack PA and 2 DriveRack PXs get a solid workout for EQ, Crossovers and Anti-feedback.  I probably could get rid of one of the PX units.  But the stack would get a lot lighter if I replaced the Hafler PA1500 amp with something seriously lighter.  (Only need about 100 watts a side and the Hafler weighs 22 pounds.) 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 03:16:48 AM »
I really didn't want to get into all the other features of the PA in my case the PA+ that Mackie is dreaming about. A Q of 16 or about 1/12 octave is not a notch filter to eliminate feedback. I also didn't see mention of Linkwitz/Riley or Butterworth crossover filters and a way to implement the results in the DL, not to mention all the other setup tools. If you can ignore all this and make your clients happy the DL is your friend.
PS. Wynnd I bet your not running all those at the same time. ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:18:28 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 03:51:47 AM »
While I have run the Altec tri-amp system with the Kustom bi-amp outdoors for more juice at the front of house with the 4 Yamaha's as monitors, that's as close to using them all at once that I have ever gotten.  I did run the auto EQ with the final amp/speaker configuration setup.  Had 85 dbc at about 250' from the stage.  (No walls, no ceiling and concrete walks with a fountain in that space.)   The band was a beach/punk group from Crested Butte.  They were so much fun.  (And surprising.)