Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Setup Pictures

<< < (5/9) > >>

Rick Scofield:
Here are a couple shots of my DL1608 in a EWI road case I customized.  I also added some numeric stickers to the gain knobs and input XLRs to make them easier to read.

musicman7722:
All are very nice solutions but I also want 2 to 4 rack spaces underneath.

seventhson:

--- Quote from: musicman7722 on April 30, 2014, 09:58:07 AM ---All are very nice solutions but I also want 2 to 4 rack spaces underneath.

--- End quote ---

I like my setup.  Nice and small and easy to transport, but like you, am thinking about going a little larger.  I have a nice plywood case with a slant top and 6 spaces under it but my current snake it 100' that I use to use with my full FOH rig and won't fit underneath.  I have a small 8 channel that I may use just for drums/back line so I don't have to run every cable side stage but the thing is hard to move.  Not tall enough for wheels but heavy enough to need them.   I'm thinking of putting it on an 8 space rack with a drawer for my cables/mics/whatever and using that.  Might work out.   

walterw:
no pics yet, but a similar setup; rolling rack that used to have a mixwiz on top, a bunch of processing in the front and power amps on the bottom now has the DL on top, two sub snakes (a 6ch and an 8ch) stuffed under it, a drawer for mics and such under that, and the amps still on the bottom.

the sub snakes stay plugged into the DL, which stays plugged into the amps, so there's no wear on any of the mixer's jacks with use, and mic setup is much neatened and expedited when it's all into the sub snakes, one up front for vocal mics and the other by the drums for backline.

walterw:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on April 08, 2014, 10:02:03 PM ---...I've got the LR running to a DriveRack PX and then to ZXA1s with matching subs.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Trshot on April 08, 2014, 11:44:03 PM ---
--- End quote ---
if i may ask, what's the point of the driveracks?

now that we can set crossover filters, parametric curves and even alignment delays straight from the DL, and especially running into powered speakers that may not benefit from that kind of stuff anyway, why add the latency of another piece of digital in the path?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version