Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Setup Pictures

<< < (7/9) > >>

WK154:
So you were busy blowing eardrums out at a 1 ft and 133 dBc ;D

Wynnd:
Don't think anyone was standing that close.  There were steps up to a plaza that provided a nice stage and the FOH was right on the top edge of the steps.  You remember that I don't like loud and from where most were standing the levels should have been fairly reasonable.  I didn't want to push too much sound because across the grass was a library and beside the grass was the police station.  Interesting place.  Event was an electric vehicle event with Kill-a-Cycle drag bike represented there.  Tesla didn't exist yet.  (It's been a few years.) 

walterw:
about why the driveracks, your answers make sense for the multiple speaker arrangements and whatnot; in my mind the 1608 as a 16ch board means "bands in bars" means simple 2-way systems that i can do with using aux 6 as a sub out and using the 24dB filter rolloffs as an ad-hoc 2-way crossover.

Wynnd:
Got the DL last Sept.  Been using the DriveRack PA since 2005.  Been doing sound events in Colorado since shortly after 9/11.   (Anti-war protest with 4000 attendees.)  The driverack makes setting up odd speaker configurations pretty easy. 

WK154:

--- Quote from: walterw on May 10, 2014, 05:41:42 AM ---about why the driveracks, your answers make sense for the multiple speaker arrangements and whatnot; in my mind the 1608 as a 16ch board means "bands in bars" means simple 2-way systems that i can do with using aux 6 as a sub out and using the 24dB filter rolloffs as an ad-hoc 2-way crossover.

--- End quote ---

Let me give you my rendition. First you stated that you have amps, that means you have more than one and you are running passive. Control of the speakers is awkward at best using aux6 and L&R (I would use aux1 since it is close to L&R for switching) for loudness or balance control. As to the "ad-hock" crossover, there is a reason why speaker processors exist and the last thing you'd want to do is generate a notch in the vocal range. There is also no reason "bar bands" have to suck. Unfortunately Mackie did a poor job of providing a decent crossover (actually none) in the DL probably because they would have had to address the multiple speaker control with a better solution than layer switching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version