Author Topic: Onyx Blackbird and Yosemite  (Read 5930 times)

the-design-guy

• Initiate
Onyx Blackbird and Yosemite
« on: January 27, 2015, 10:11:56 PM »
Since updating to Yosemite, my Blackbird no longer sees the Firewire connection. I normally run it as a stand-alone ADAT device into my TC Studio Konnekt 48, but the TC unit no longer sees the Blackbird either. I've also connected the Blackbird directly to my computer and still just get the flashing Firewire light. Blackbird Control does not see the Blackbird. I'm not sure if it's a driver problem, or if the Blackbird has flown south.

Anyone have any ideas?

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
Re: Onyx Blackbird and Yosemite
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:47:16 PM »
It's likely there's no Yosemite driver support for it. And Mackie is notorious for not updating drivers with new OSs on their interfaces. I had that same issue with some fibre channel & SCSI cards when Yosemite and Windows 8.1 came out. Had to get newer cards with driver support.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

the-design-guy

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »
Correcto! 

I just received a reply from Mackie tech support verifying that the Onyx Blackbird is not supported in Yosemite (yet). I was able to use my wife's computer (running Mavericks) to put it back into Standalone mode so I can use it with my TC Studio Konnekt interface via ADAT. I'm not sure how it got switched out of Standalone mode, as I've always used it as an ADAT input to my TC, but it's back now.

And I thought TC took a long time to update their interfaces...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »
So how do you like a manufacturer that after getting your money will drop you in the drink. This has been their M.O. in the digital world as far back as I can remember. So why would you want to give them another dime?????
When in doubt KISS