Author Topic: iOS 7.1.1 a DL killer?  (Read 13828 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
iOS 7.1.1 a DL killer?
« on: April 27, 2014, 02:37:19 AM »
KM today updated to iOS 7.1.1 and his DL wouldn't function anymore. So anyone else update and found it problematic or is this a fluke? 50 Yrs in the computer biz taught me one thing for sure, let the other guys bleed first. Wasn't one of the settings for successful use of the DL to turn off auto-update on the iPad?
See details here:  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=648.msg6105#msg6105
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:58:56 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
Re: iOS 7.1.1 a DL killer?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 04:11:13 AM »
I updated and didn't experience any problems last night.  Auto update is shut off.  (I did forget to bring a backup mixer.  Was planning to.)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
Much to my chagrin, my auto updates were turned off, but I chose to update all my iOS devices just the same  :facepalm: Yes, and supposedly having quite a fair background in computers I ran the updates anyway!  :facepalm: That'll teach me!  :-[ :facepalm:  Better go, bleeding all over my iPad at this particular moment  :lol:

iOS = iNCLUDED Obsolescence Standard  Sorry, didn't really mean to bash Apple.  :P  I really do like my iPad/iPod.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:23:37 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 03:10:22 PM »
Sorry for your experience.  Aren't you able to back pedal the ipad to its prior version?  I've got a full back up on my Mac.  Need to check out the how or why not.  There were a few others who had some problems with either the Master Fader upgrade or the ios upgrade.  I'm running an ipad 2.  Bought that because I can't see the difference in the retina display from the ipad 2 and the 30 pin connector was the only one available when I purchased the DL1608 last September.  Outside of the Master Fader and My Fader apps, nothing is critical on my ipad.  (Though I'm planning on taking it instead of my MacBook on this summer's motorcycle trip to the Northwest.  Smaller is always good on a bike.  I might want to rethink my backup for that trip and move it to the cloud.  Might be a good time to buy an ipad mini or only take my iphone.)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »
Wynnd,

Thank you. I appreciate the sentiments   :thu: Everyone here is so nice. That's why I am staying on. As for the complete backup of the previous iOS? "Insert slap to the back of the head here"  :facepalm: Of course I didn't back it up, even with all my computer background and always telling clients to: backup! backup!! backup!!  :eek:

It's a moot point at this point  ??? Since I no longer have my DL. Got a full refund though. I will keep my eyes open, suck back and reload! May wait for the DL1608 II? Or not!  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 06:51:03 PM »
OK that's 50/50 I don't like those odds. Anyone else????
RR wake up!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:58:15 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 05:02:54 AM »
KM today updated to iOS 7.1.1 and his DL wouldn't function anymore. So anyone else update and found it problematic or is this a fluke? 50 Yrs in the computer biz taught me one thing for sure, let the other guys bleed first. Wasn't one of the settings for successful use of the DL to turn off auto-update on the iPad?
See details here:  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=648.msg6105#msg6105

I've got to learn not to live on the bleeding edge.  Even Apple is getting bad with their updates.  And I thought M$ was bad with their updates.  Should have known better.  Had no sync issues until I updated to 7.1.1  >:(
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »
Since the inception of the DL, Mackie has been quote "working with Apple" to mate the iPad with the DL. In a perfect world when an iOS update comes along, it shouldn't mess things up. They, Mackie, shouldn't have to play catch up with something that should have been thought of and planned at the beginning. Of course that's in a perfect world and even with software patches and updates to major operating systems, things go wrong.

Is it even possible to encourage Mackie to sit up and listen?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 12:56:55 PM »
So far only one person has reported a problem with ios 7.1.1     It's very unfortunate, but I'd call that a fluke at this point.  Something probably happened at the same time, but wasn't caused by it.  That's my take on it.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »
So far only one person has reported a problem with ios 7.1.1     It's very unfortunate, but I'd call that a fluke at this point.  Something probably happened at the same time, but wasn't caused by it.  That's my take on it.
That's KM and Gio vs you that's 2 to 1 odds so far. ;)
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »
 ???   :) Nothing like be a statistic.  :P  Now if only I could spell and be good at grammar too.  :facepalm: I meant being a statistic.  8)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:20:54 PM by Keyboard Magic »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »
Well look at it another way, now you count for something :).
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 05:38:18 PM »
True!  ;)

seventhson

• Padawan
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »
I just updated one of my iPads and left the other one without the update.  They both work docked and wirelessly. 

abzurd

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 11:52:38 AM »
I'd test mine but it wouldn't really give any usable reference point. Since I've owned it, through every other MF and IOS update, my DL1608 works great "sometimes" while other times it requires reboots of the ipad, a different iPad altogether, reboot of the mixer, reflashing of the iPad, wireless connection with one iPad first to get the other iPad to be recognized in the dock, etc, etc.

Unfortunately at this point the only thing I'll be testing with it is the the resale market.