Author Topic: FAQ: ATA Style Cases for the DL1608  (Read 23287 times)

Robert

• Youngling
Re: ATA Style Case for the DL1608 ?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
I have a fan guard on the inlet on the case bottom.  The corner protecters on the case keep it off the floor about a quarter of an inch so air is not blocked.  Air goes through the case, sorta ducted through front to back, then exits out the cable hole. 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: FAQ: ATA Style Cases for the DL1608
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
Don't miss this great case adaptation! :
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=230.0

DaveTheNerd

• Youngling
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 10:03:38 PM »
Is anyone using the Gator GMIX-DL1608-WP yet? Can you fit a router and the power supply inside the case and run the whole thing right there? Or do you have to remove the mixer from the case to actually use it?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »
Looks like the answer is no, the way the case is built.  It blocks one of the vents on the mixer.  There does seem to be enough padding around the mixer to allow the carving out of air passages while still protecting the mixer.  You would still have to connect the mixer up every time you used it.  (I'm into having many of the mixer's wiring already connected.  My outputs, wireless receivers, wifi and airplay are already connected when I pull the lid on my stack.) 

DaveTheNerd

• Youngling
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
(I'm into having many of the mixer's wiring already connected.  My outputs, wireless receivers, wifi and airplay are already connected when I pull the lid on my stack.)

Thanks, Wynnd. Which case do you use?

DaveTheNerd

• Youngling
Re: ATA Style Case for the DL1608 ?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
I got my ATA case today, and I'm pretty stoked.  It fits as snug as a bug in a rug  :lol:, and includes room for the WiFi box.  I like this because I can just remove the top, connect the cables, and it's ready to go.  I attached an extension cable for power that will just coil up in the back of the box when I put the top back on.

A year+ later I'm curious how this has been going for you. Any regrets? Any issues with heat dissipation leaving the Mackie in the box full-time while running?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 12:26:33 PM »
I've got a road ready stack.  Wood sides, metal corners.  Will get you a picture after tomorrow when I plan to be testing it for my Senior's variety show at rehearsal.  It's a 10u on top with a 10u in front.  (No back rack mounts on this one, just a removable door.)