Author Topic: QSC TouchMix maybe closer to Mackie than we think?  (Read 3604 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
QSC TouchMix maybe closer to Mackie than we think?
« on: April 29, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »
A lot of you may already know about this little piece of information. I thought it might be worthy to post just in case.

As I was reading the PDF doc about the QSC TouchMix, I came across this little tidbit:

A breakthrough in innovation and digital mixer design, TouchMix is the result of a remarkable collaboration between QSC and industry icons Greg Mackie and Peter Watts (M&W Pro Audio Ltd.) TouchMix not only resets the bar for performance and value, but also redefines the user experience for both professionals and novices alike.
“Big Mixer” Features and Specifications
   :o

Any thoughts?

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: QSC TouchMix maybe closer to Mackie than we think?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »
Greg hasn't been with Mackie since 2003 and has been involved with QSC since 2010.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 01:21:36 PM »
Ah, thank you for that. I guess I need to be more informed.  :facepalm: Maybe QSC and TouchMix is better for that?
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 03:28:07 PM »
Greg hasn't been with Mackie since 2003 and has been involved with QSC since 2010.
Actually Greg and Peter joined forces in 2008 just long enough to spec out their view of a digital mixer to QSC and the partnership died in 2011. The company lasted about 2 yrs. all trademarks abandoned and QSC was silent on all this. I suspect that a lot of changes were also made by the folks at QSC from the original since then. The TouchMix-16 is less expensive than the DL1608 when you add up all the MAP pricing to make them equal in hardware (bag, airport express and iPad mini and tray for the DL). Yes, most of us know how to get a better price. Too bad no iPad app is available yet for download.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 04:15:02 PM »
It would be nice to get one's hands on the software, especially since some retail music stores are already taking pre-orders. There seem to be quite a few if you Google QSC TouchMix pre-orders.  ;)