Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X32 Rack Anyone?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
Thank you for the info on the x32 research WK154.   :thu: The QSC and x32 are very close in price here it Toronto, so I am sort of considering both, in the $1400 plus range. Since I've only been able to download the x32 app and experiment with it about a dozen times or so, I am getting comfortable using it.

As far as my requirements per say, they are minimal, no more than 10-12 xlrs, 2 stereo pairs, maybe FX, USB and most certainly wireless operation. In that vein, the QSC is closer to my needs. The x32 may be overkill in some respects, but I like the idea of hiding the mixer away from site, but able to connect to Mics and powered speakers easily and running the venue at the back of the room away from the audience. When I had the DL, one bug was not being able to adjust the preamps from within the app. The x32 has that, but I am not sure about the QSC.

If I haven't clarified, I am referring to the X32 rack. Anyway both have more features than I will really ever use. ::) When the QSC app comes out, I will definitely get that app and put it thru its paces.

Note... I know that both of these can be hidden out of site, but I think the X32 rack might be easier to hide?

robbocurry:
KM, is there any reason you have not to buy a proper mixer with faders?
It makes life a lot less complicated when all the control you need is right there in front of you, display, knobs and faders - what a brilliant concept!
Small stage and want just iPad control? You got it!
Need multichannel recording without a computer? Yes, it's here too.
The answer to your prayers, from a brand you've used and can trust:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Qu16/
It's available right now, unlike the QSC, and although it might be a little more expensive than the Brownringer, you'll not be worrying every night about when it's going to crap itself :eek:

Keyboard Magic:
Robbocurry,

Thank you for your excellent suggestion about the QU-16. I have considered it already, but a bit more money. As I just posted in the IOS 7.1.1 a DL killer area, I have just put a deposit on the Touchmix, even though it's not out yet. The form factor is about the right size for me and QSC is also very reliable. So as JL mentioned in his last reply to me, I have taken the hint and put and end to the endless debate I started. I have moved on.

I respect everyone's opinions here and look forward to more exciting information and debating. Once again, thank you for your suggestion and guidance.   :thu:

robbocurry:
I think the Touchmix will be a fab product too KM, I have a number of QSC amps and they've all been great.
The DL has worked fine for me but I haven't discounted the idea of getting a Touchmix either.
I hope you have more success with it than you had with the DL :thu: ;)

Keyboard Magic:
Me too. I can't wait to get my paws on the app first. Thank you again for the encouraging words.  :thu:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version