Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Alternative control and recording.

(1/12) > >>

metacom:
Spent 6 days in a darkened room in December 2012 hacking the DL1608; not had time until recently to try and finish implementation of my alternative software. I've made significant progress; Currenty able to control the DL1608 from a laptop only no iPad required! Rewriting my code for android atm. More recently I have also implemented (all beit via a grubby hardware hack, in which I almost destroyed the mixer!) recording. Requires significant modification to work, would not recommend in future! Working on an alternative, which I  plan to release as an addon board. protype expected to be in place in 3 weeks. Also looking toward a general MIDI interface..

Watch this space!  Who'i interested? What  would you pay for each of these?

WK154:
Welcome to the forum. Certainly would be interested in a lot more detail on your project. Mackie's com protocol etc..

metacom:
As there may be a commercial aaplication, I'm being a little cagey with the details at the moment. Having read some of your posts, I think there are certain things you would be interested in.

it runs uCLinux.:

Image name:   bf518-2.6.36-ADI-2011R1-pre-main
Created:   Fri Jan 31 18:35:34 2014
Image type:   AVR32 Linux Kernel (gzip compressed)
Data size:   1075595 Bytes
Load Address:   0x001000
Entry Point:   0x1d4f84
Header CRC:   0xd631187b ... OK
Data CRC:   0xa18e827a

There are several ways of getting custom code onto it, although I've developed a "one-click" solution for custom code.
Havent touched much on the DSP side, as it's not my field. Will be comparing versions of the PSoC3 cyacd stuff to see if I can see any pattern in the changes.

In terms of the protocol, I have developed a fairly  complete abstraction layer. Currently reviewing the changes between the version I was working with vs 2.1.1.

Also, the root password is kinda funny...

Keyboard Magic:
metacom;

A big welcome! I think Mackie should hire you.  8) That is a positive complement! Looking forward to more interesting developments from you.  :)

robbocurry:
Interesting!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version