Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS 8

<< < (25/34) > >>

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: esquare on October 09, 2014, 05:26:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: gerenm63 on October 09, 2014, 05:13:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: esquare on October 09, 2014, 02:49:48 PM ---I took the plunge and upgraded one iPad to IOS 8 (8.0.2) and slid it into the 1608. Worked flawlessly. But then.... I had everyone else in the group upgrade their respective iPads (one was too old to upgrade). That was a huge mistake. They keep disconnecting from the mixer and have to re-sync. Even when connected there are lags. Push up a slider, the feedback on the screen looks right, but there is no audio change so you push up a little more. Then a few seconds later it makes it to the mixer and that channel IS SCREAMING LOUD! One might think I have a wireless problem. But no, the old iPad that can't be upgraded works just fine.

--- End quote ---

What version iPads are you using? I've got a Mini with 8.0.2, and I'm not noticing any significant lag. I'm looking to pick up an extra iPad or two, and was looking at 2nd generation models because they're pretty cheap right now. Also, I understand that if you bring another app to the foreground (in my case, OnSong), when you come back to Master Fader, it is normal for the iPad to have to re-sync to the DL.

--- End quote ---
We are using 3rd & 4th generation. All with same results. Did not try a mini.

--- End quote ---
If you push up a fader on one iPad, is there a lag before you see it move on the others? Or is that still moving well? How many iPads? What kind of router (2.4GHz or 5GHz)? How old is your DL? I don't pretend to have any particular answers at this point, I'm just looking for some sort of pattern...

WK154:
It's now been a month since the Gold Master was released by Apple and BenO's statement that they are working on checking to see if all is OK. REALLY how long will it take to give the all clear. This just shows the irresponsible attitude that Mackie has regarding it's customers. Why would you depend on this kind of service for your own business? I don't plan to give Mackie another dime.

RoadRanger:
Did you "force close" all other apps on the iPads? IME that helps a lot.

esquare:

--- Quote from: gerenm63 on October 09, 2014, 05:33:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: esquare on October 09, 2014, 05:26:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: gerenm63 on October 09, 2014, 05:13:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: esquare on October 09, 2014, 02:49:48 PM ---I took the plunge and upgraded one iPad to IOS 8 (8.0.2) and slid it into the 1608. Worked flawlessly. But then.... I had everyone else in the group upgrade their respective iPads (one was too old to upgrade). That was a huge mistake. They keep disconnecting from the mixer and have to re-sync. Even when connected there are lags. Push up a slider, the feedback on the screen looks right, but there is no audio change so you push up a little more. Then a few seconds later it makes it to the mixer and that channel IS SCREAMING LOUD! One might think I have a wireless problem. But no, the old iPad that can't be upgraded works just fine.

--- End quote ---

What version iPads are you using? I've got a Mini with 8.0.2, and I'm not noticing any significant lag. I'm looking to pick up an extra iPad or two, and was looking at 2nd generation models because they're pretty cheap right now. Also, I understand that if you bring another app to the foreground (in my case, OnSong), when you come back to Master Fader, it is normal for the iPad to have to re-sync to the DL.

--- End quote ---
We are using 3rd & 4th generation. All with same results. Did not try a mini.

--- End quote ---
If you push up a fader on one iPad, is there a lag before you see it move on the others? Or is that still moving well? How many iPads? What kind of router (2.4GHz or 5GHz)? How old is your DL? I don't pretend to have any particular answers at this point, I'm just looking for some sort of pattern...

--- End quote ---
Will be dragging everything out of the trailer Saturday night for another gig and will do more checking and reply. Last weekend we had 2 outside gigs with no other wireless that could cause interference.  I don't remember what wireless router I have but would think it shouldn't be the choke point if the non-IOS8 ipad is happy. Will set several next to each other and see how they react, may post a video. We have a 6 piece with in ear monitors so everyone has an iPad running On-Song and Master Fader. Everyone has control of just their aux out.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: esquare on October 09, 2014, 06:36:19 PM ---We have a 6 piece with in ear monitors so everyone has an iPad running On-Song and Master Fader. Everyone has control of just their aux out.

--- End quote ---

Are you guys using OnSong "beaming" or "streaming" or is everyone managing their own charts? I ask, because the OnSong makes heavy use of its own ad-hoc network over the WiFi connection for this to work, and may eat up significant bandwidth. It could be getting in the way of Master Fader's communication to the DL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version