Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS 8

<< < (8/34) > >>

WK154:
Hope everything will go fine for Kepi. Gio BenO just showed up to attempt to try to do some damage control, remember he punches a clock at Mackie. If they're not price competitive it will be another failed attempt by them in digital mixers market.

WK154:
Release time is in about 2 hrs. from now, but specs are out at Apple. Nary a mention of multitasking even without split-screen. Well maybe in another version. :(

Harpman:

--- Quote from: WK154 on September 17, 2014, 03:35:50 PM ---Release time is in about 2 hrs. from now, but specs are out at Apple. Nary a mention of multitasking even without multi-screen. Well maybe in another version. :(

--- End quote ---

So what is IOS 8 going to give us exactly?  More headaches?

WK154:
Patience my friend, patience. Don't enable iCloud if you must be one of the first to jump from the frying pan into the fire. A week is a good time to let the problems sort themselves out and the download servers recover. Apple isn't well known for dealing with high volume traffic, case in point their disaster at the iPhone 6 intro.

Wynnd:
If Apple were still a small demand product, it wouldn't be a problem.  But my ios 8 update is downloading into my iphone 4s right now.  That's working better than anyone has a right to expect this close to it's release. I don't have any critical DL1608 usage coming up soon, so I consider myself a good tester in this case.  After updating my iphone and ipad, I'll test out the DL to see if I can get it to squeal.  Should have a report for you in a few hours.  Unfortunately, I've never experienced the White noise issue and only once had the docked disconnect issue, so anything that doesn't cause this in ios 8, won't let me know if it cures the issue.  (Personally not expecting ios 8 to do much as far as Master Fader goes.) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version