Author Topic: iOS 8  (Read 71832 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: iOS 8
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »
What do we always tell our computer clients endlessly?

Backup, backup, backup! Then back up some more! You can never
backup too much. But do we always take  that advice? Of course not!

Yes Wynnd it is really good advice to do full backups of all your iOS devices,
before upgrading to a new O/S. :thu:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:03:08 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 10:31:42 PM »
So the big question I have is whether Mackie is testing with the current released version or working on a new version or update.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 11:25:25 PM »
Gio, haven't heard from you in a while hope all is good. You and me both would like to know what Mackie's up to. Too busy with the new product? Time will tell.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 12:49:42 AM »
Indeed. “Time keeps on slipping…” Sorry musician here. Can’t resist. I know, resist already. “ Resistance is futile” Ughhh. I’d better quit now before I get banned for atrocious attempts at humor.  :facepalm:

On a more serious note, Ben’s letter to me,  (quote on page 1 of this topic) if you interpret it a certain way, means they are testing the current version 2.1.1 of MF with iOS 8 betas. I really really really hope that they are testing with a new and improved version of MF. To quote you WK: "Time will tell." That sums it up perfectly!.  :thu:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:52:00 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
Gio, haven't heard from you in a while hope all is good. You and me both would like to know what Mackie's up to. Too busy with the new product? Time will tell.

Bill, IT business is a little slow.  Have had more time to practice. Just sent some of my harmonicas off to be customized.  I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but my last 2 recordings from the DL have come out great. Very hard to due with a 5 piece band and amplification on stage as well.  Is the pricing for the new 32-channel DL going to be cheaper the the X32?  I guess it's vaporware at this point.  Hoping Ben O can chime in and let us know in a new version of MF is near release time of IOS 8. Kepi is going in for spinal neck surgery either at the end of this month or next month, so our gig schedule will slow for a bit.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:26 PM »
Hope everything will go fine for Kepi. Gio BenO just showed up to attempt to try to do some damage control, remember he punches a clock at Mackie. If they're not price competitive it will be another failed attempt by them in digital mixers market.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 03:35:50 PM »
Release time is in about 2 hrs. from now, but specs are out at Apple. Nary a mention of multitasking even without split-screen. Well maybe in another version. :(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:25:30 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 03:53:03 PM »
Release time is in about 2 hrs. from now, but specs are out at Apple. Nary a mention of multitasking even without multi-screen. Well maybe in another version. :(

So what is IOS 8 going to give us exactly?  More headaches?
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »
Patience my friend, patience. Don't enable iCloud if you must be one of the first to jump from the frying pan into the fire. A week is a good time to let the problems sort themselves out and the download servers recover. Apple isn't well known for dealing with high volume traffic, case in point their disaster at the iPhone 6 intro.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 05:36:06 PM »
If Apple were still a small demand product, it wouldn't be a problem.  But my ios 8 update is downloading into my iphone 4s right now.  That's working better than anyone has a right to expect this close to it's release. I don't have any critical DL1608 usage coming up soon, so I consider myself a good tester in this case.  After updating my iphone and ipad, I'll test out the DL to see if I can get it to squeal.  Should have a report for you in a few hours.  Unfortunately, I've never experienced the White noise issue and only once had the docked disconnect issue, so anything that doesn't cause this in ios 8, won't let me know if it cures the issue.  (Personally not expecting ios 8 to do much as far as Master Fader goes.) 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 06:22:06 PM »
We're all keeping our fingers crossed it's not broken. The one test would be for sync but I don't expect a solution. The other of course would be someone with consistent noise on playback, but again I don't expect a resolution. But the next MF might just have the problem solved. :) As I said before.  BenO the clock is running!  ;D Tshu can doit amigo.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2014, 07:06:51 PM »
This is one slow installing update.  It's been almost an hour and my iphone 4S isn't done yet.  (Though the progress bar has just finished, probably will reboot next.)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 07:12:11 PM »
I recall how I felt when I upgraded to windows 95 from win 3.1.  I was totally amazed.  It was like getting a new computer.  Progress bar has started up again.  (Might happen several times.  Haven't been watching very closely.) I've been watching episodes of Unforgettable in the mean time.  I had archived my last backups so they wouldn't be overwritten.  Update just finished on my iphone.  Gotta go play!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »
Just updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 8, after I backed it all up to iTunes. Sure enough a small glitch. Even after 2 complete reboots, the settings icon was showing 1 update still. Check under settings and updates and the phone is completely updated. 10 minute, pleasant call to Apple Help Desk, the only solution was to either turn off all updates to remove the notification or do a complete reset of the phone.

Gonna bite the bullet and reset the phone through iTunes on the laptop, then restore all my junk. My iPod Touch 5 came through with flying colors. No issues. I guess the big one is to now update one iPad and try it out with the school’s DL tomorrow. Woo Hoo!  :P

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 09:19:07 PM »
It's better to deal with the devil you know than the one you don't. Wait a day. 50/50 is not a good track record.
When in doubt KISS