Author Topic: iOS 8  (Read 71849 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Re: iOS 8
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »
This is one slow installing update.  It's been almost an hour and my iphone 4S isn't done yet.  (Though the progress bar has just finished, probably will reboot next.)

It's 1.1 gigs.  No wonder it takes so long!! :lol:
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »
Well, Is anyone brave enough to upgrade their iPad to IOS 8 and dock it on the DL......... :lol:
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 10:42:58 PM »
I'm sticking with a week, besides tonight is my "chorus gig" night.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »
After a follow up return call from Apple Service, no real answer. Probably a software glitch. It’s not affecting the operation of my phone. So if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Apple said that it might clear itself, or after an iOS 8 patch update.

I’m going to leave the iPads at 7.1.1 for now. Just in case. And maybe in the interim an update to Master Fader will appear? Or it's announced that the current version of Master Fader is compatible with iOS 8. I won't wait in anticipation though.

" Definitely not brave to try an updated iPad on someone else's DL1608" Especially the school where my wife teaches full time!  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:46:18 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2014, 02:09:13 AM »
Updated both ipads and iphone 4S.  update went smoothly.  Not using icloud for nearly anything.  (find my iphone and syncing my calendars.)  Will try them with the DL tomorrow.  (Too late tonight.)  Everything looks good.  I love the on the fly speech to text translation.  (Still pretty good, but much faster.)  Had my first ipad call coming in with my iphone.  (Answered the iphone, but noted the ringing(?) ipad.  Might want to figure out how to shut that off when running the mixer.)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:26 PM »
That would be an interesting scenario… Uhhhh, your mixer’s ringing ??  ???   ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2014, 12:56:59 PM »
I've taken to watching TV shows on my ipad.  That works well and videos in general run much better under ios 8.  Right now ios 8 is looking good.  Will run the DL1608 tests later this morning.  (I don't keep my equipment in the house.  Use a storage locker instead.  That is the primary reason none of my gig equipment was damaged last year in the flooding.  We had about 6"s in the basement.  Our neighbors had about 4 feet.  I've been afraid to check out my Vox Continental organ.  It most likely didn't survive the flooding.)   

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 01:38:58 PM »
I finally convinced myself to update one of my iPads to iOS 8 after a lot of waffling. (no waffles though) It went smoothly. There were no glitches like on my iPhone. I was impressed. I decided to ask the school if I could come by and try it with their DL. They actually let me borrow it instead to test it thoroughly at home. I’m glad they trust me.

Well I was delightedly surprised that the iPad and the DL worked flawlessly. Even the wireless worked 100%. Nice! So I’m going to take a leap of faith and upgrade the other iPad as well. I guess this DL is one of the better ones that was built. It was a 50/50 chance and this time it worked. I got lucky.  I took the “red pill” this time.

Wynnd, A lot of homes here in Toronto were damaged by the heavy rains a while back. We were unscathed but I really hope that your priceless Organ was not damaged. I would feel the same way, you have to find out, but really really don't want to look.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 02:11:51 PM »
My poor Vox is hardly priceless.  It was the second organ I bought.  (1972 I think.)  Actually, my first organ was an Ace Tone, the third was a Hammond X5 which was built by Ace Tone.  My current gig-rig is a Roland VK-77 and RD300GX.  Roland was started by the man who started Ace Tone.  So that musical line has followed me since 1968.  Only owned three keyboards that had nothing to do with either Ace Tone or Roland. 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 03:30:37 PM »
Collector's item maybe? It's still hard to have any musical gear trashed though. The first organ I ever put my hands on was the B3 back in the 70's at Humber College. That was so cool and what a sound with the Leslie Speaker. If I had the room, I'd like to have a reconditioned "B" in the house. 8) Can't beat mechanical tone generators!

Aside from my main instrument AKA my avatar, I've graduated to the Roland Atelier AT800 at the big seniors home I volunteer at. WOW, power trip indeed.  :)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2014, 03:37:37 PM »
Good to know that the basics are still working. Now for the problems, are they affected? Sync loss, lower charge level on iPad below 85% and test to speed things up. Of course if you haven't had a sync problem before it's meaningless. Noise, play music and wait. Again if you haven't experienced noise it's not a test.  BenO said he would let us know (Mackie's Facebook and Twitter) if everything is OK well it's been 8 days and NOTHING. Shows you how much they care.  >:(
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 04:41:07 PM »
Noticed that some apps that worked on iOS 7.x now open and suddenly disappear to background. They won’t stay opened at all even if you close them and try again. Coincidently they are audio apps across the iDevice platforms. The only ones that are stable are Master Fader 2.1.1 on iPads and My Fader on iPhone and iPod Touch. I haven’t tried any other apps yet to see if they’re stable.

WK, you mentioned this a while back about Apple not saying anything about audio improvements in the new iOS 8 amongst all the other features.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2014, 06:58:35 PM »
KM can you name some of these apps along with version # ?
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »
Bad Piggies died.  Not a loss actually.  Will look at the others.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
One Track Mind App :https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/one-track-mind/id509958487?mt=8  version 1.1.1

Tape by Focusrite: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/tape-by-focusrite/id681747796?mt=8  version 1.0.2

I use Tape for 2 track stereo audio recording occasionally and it did work very well for me before the update.

These are the only 2 that have given me trouble. I know that's not a lot, and they are not critical,  but it is annoying. I suspect, hope, that there are new versions of these in the works,