Author Topic: iOS 8  (Read 71821 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: iOS 8
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »
Just did some testing.  No problems with the docked ipad.  my ipad-mini was running some music airplay and when I opened Master Fader it immediately reverted the sound output to the ipad-mini and wouldn't allow airplay to hook up.  It's not a make or break thing, but if others are seeing it too, it is something to be aware of.  I don't know if the issue is two possible music sources or two sound controllers running at the same time.  (Didn't go into it very deeply.)   I was enjoying running airplay and used it with some frequency at rehearsals.  (Cover band.)  Didn't check My Fader.  (Hopefully the problem isn't there.)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2014, 10:49:11 PM »
Just did some testing.  No problems with the docked ipad.  my ipad-mini was running some music airplay and when I opened Master Fader it immediately reverted the sound output to the ipad-mini and wouldn't allow airplay to hook up.  It's not a make or break thing, but if others are seeing it too, it is something to be aware of.  I don't know if the issue is two possible music sources or two sound controllers running at the same time.  (Didn't go into it very deeply.)   I was enjoying running airplay and used it with some frequency at rehearsals.  (Cover band.)  Didn't check My Fader.  (Hopefully the problem isn't there.)

I upgraded both my iPads (Gen 3 and Gen 5 (Air)). Didn't have any issues.  iPad 3 is docked and iPad Air remote.  I use a program called LouderLogic for house music using Air Play off my Airport Express.  No issues with the sound output at all.  Airplay works just great and seems to get along with MF.

Looks like a lot of the software vendors were ready with their updates after you upgraded to IOS 8.  Seems like a couple more today to support IOS 8.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »
Just contacted Andrew Smith of Studio Six and he's not found any issues with iOS8 but one of his customers reported some "crazy readings". He replied almost instantly, how's that for customer support.  :thu: Sounds like my week delay is looking better by the minute.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:04:20 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2014, 01:57:57 AM »
Just have to say Harpman,

I downloaded the LouderLogic app on my iPod Touch 5. That's a really nice app indeed. Much better than the standard iMusic app. More features and flexibility even if it is freeware. Doesn't look like there's much difference between the 3 versions.  Free, $1.99 and $3.99. Obviously more stuff is added as you go up in price. Even the $3.99 one would be a steal. Excellent !!  :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2014, 08:19:43 AM »
Just have to say Harpman,

I downloaded the LouderLogic app on my iPod Touch 5. That's a really nice app indeed. Much better than the standard iMusic app. More features and flexibility even if it is freeware. Doesn't look like there's much difference between the 3 versions.  Free, $1.99 and $3.99. Obviously more stuff is added as you go up in price. Even the $3.99 one would be a steal. Excellent !!  :thu:

KM,

I can't take credit for this one. Jerry Lee (former member) turned me onto this app over a year ago. Supports AirPlay too. I think I have the $3.99 version, but you are right, it is a steal!  Not sure what all the versions have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2014, 07:46:51 AM »
Here's a link to some of Computerworld's take on iOS 8.  http://www.computerworld.com/article/2686096/ios-8-problems-itbwcw.html
Hope they're not exaggerating.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2014, 12:57:20 PM »
Had a bit more time with ios 8 and the DL last night.  Figured out what is happening with my ipad mini and airplay.  For some reason, when I fire up Master Fader on the mini, the airplay output shifts to looking for Apple TV and shuts off airplay to airport express.  My thought is to force a reinstall of Master Fader.  I also haven't tested it on the undocked ipad.  (I normally leave that one docked.)  Don't think there was any problem with My Fader on my iphone.  (But right now I don't have any music on it.  Needed to clear out space for the install.   Time to put music back on it.)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
WK;
If so, let’s hope Apple gets those patches out quick, especially with the large number of complaints hitting social media already. They would be very irresponsible not to and possibly even lose some iFans over this. I have to say that Apple Service was very interested to get all the details of my glitched update to iOS 8 on my iPhone 4S. Hopefully this means they are already cataloging all issues so that they can create one or more patches to correct the problems.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
Outside of Bad Piggies no longer running, and I'm expecting that to be fixed soon, I'm not noticing any slowdown with my iphone 4S.  I am noticing the speech translation being much faster.  (And better.) If apps are loading slower, I'm not noticing it.  All in all, I call it a pretty good upgrade.  (None are perfect and if you really want to wait until the bugs are mostly gone, wait until 8.1 at least.)  I'm not seeing anything critical happening with Master Fader.  I'm also not experiencing the problems that some others are with the DL.   So I can't attest to whether this upgrade fixes any of those issues. 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2014, 09:21:21 PM »
Had a bit more time with ios 8 and the DL last night.  Figured out what is happening with my ipad mini and airplay.  For some reason, when I fire up Master Fader on the mini, the airplay output shifts to looking for Apple TV and shuts off airplay to airport express.  My thought is to force a reinstall of Master Fader.  I also haven't tested it on the undocked ipad.  (I normally leave that one docked.)  Don't think there was any problem with My Fader on my iphone.  (But right now I don't have any music on it.  Needed to clear out space for the install.   Time to put music back on it.)
In my exploration of Bluetooth features in the iPad I ran across something similar. When I have music playing on Apples music player and I load MF the music stops playing on my UE Boom (Bluetooth speaker) and switches to the internal  iPad speakers. There must be initialization code when loading an app that grabs the current output device and provides it for the app. I found that pausing music player and then continuing will in fact restore the previous output. Yep, makes little sense but works for Bluetooth and may work for airplay.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »
Will give it a try.  Hope it works, but I was unable to attach to my airport express with airplay because it was looking for Apple TV. 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2014, 07:49:10 PM »
Uptake problems?? With all that fanfare and the uptake of iOS 8 is HALF of what iOS 7 drew. I guess folk are wising up. What battery problems, where have I heard that before, oh iOS 7. My week may be a lot longer. Sounds a lot like another outfit I know M$. Every odd numbered release is useful. NT 5, 7, 9 after the service patches. Although you can reinstall any of M$.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:00:19 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2014, 12:32:47 AM »
Just think of the boat load of people would downgrade in an instant back to iOS 7 if they could like Windows can be. (Me too!, Me too!!!)  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:36:26 AM by Keyboard Magic »

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2014, 01:31:36 AM »
No kidding, doesn't matter if you backup your iPad.  Can't go back now  :(
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2014, 05:23:41 PM »
Well apparently more problems are coming out of the woodwork. Apple support forum is full of bad news.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546549
Then even Andrew Smith of Studio Six changed his mind on iOS 8 and his apps.
http://www.studiosixdigital.com/support/ios-8--iphone-6-compatibili/
I guess I'll wait for at least 8.1 or maybe 9.
When in doubt KISS